SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The worst cop/detective show ever
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The worst cop/detective show ever Login/Join 
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
TJ Hooker was pretty cheesy .

Had early Heather Locklear, though. Razz

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3445 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
No love for Sledge Hammer! ? That show was great ( and terrible) because it was a complete farce spoof of all the other ‘serious’ cop dramas. It was just good comedy, not too heavy. Fun fact the female lead in that show Detective Dori was married to Michael Crighton for partsof 3 decades.

Here ya go:

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Even its name is dumb: Bert D'Angelo/Superstar.

Posts: 27925 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Balaam's Ass
Picture of Vero8
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Miami Vice? Blasphemy out of the mouths of children.

You had to be there, and if you tell me you were, you must have been asleep. Miami Vice wasn't a TV show- it was a movement.
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Sheriff Lobo.
Yes, truly horrible TV, a spin-off of BJ and the Bear, a show almost as stupid as Sheriff Lobo

---------------
Plus Lieutenant Castillo was a Samurai Wink

God bless America...and no one else

Posts: 4396 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am with OP. I like Chuck Norris, but sometimes the show is unwatchable. There is nothing he cannot do on the show. He can ride a bull that no other pro bull rider can ride as well as take on a whole drug cartel single handed.

My wife likes the show, but sometimes I have to leave the room. Not sure what age group it was made for?

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Had to be CHIPS. Watched in during the rerun cycle not long ago and thought "wow, this show really sucked". guess the bikes tended to deflect some of the stupidity. These guys always broke yet every episode they were flying, parasailing, scuba diving or some othger big money activity.

The recent remake was no better but at least they didn't take themselves too seriously in it.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
Does "Diagnosis Murder" count? My goodness that show is horrendous.

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
I liked how Broderick Crawford would use a telephone pole or stack of pallets for cover during his shootouts. Always with a ricochet sound.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/fJGlJc-YwH8

[FLASH_VIDEO<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fJGlJc-YwH8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>] [/FLASH_VIDEO]

My favorite Highway Patrol was the scene with a 58 Dodge cop car, this was about the time my parents had a 2dr ht Coronet. Peels out on loose sand and dirt, massive dust cloud and squealing tires.........

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can we count Scorpion as a cop show? The worst thing ever....

Cancelled thankfully.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
The Mod Squad. Frown

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My guess is Quantico... Couldn't ever watch it though.

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Car 54 where are you? IT Sucked big time! Here is a sample of the annoying intro:

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Father Dowling Mysteries

Miami Vice was awesome, the guests the music the clothes etc.. its the reason I bought a S&W 3rd gen 4506.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Mod Squad

One of the best comedies I have seen. Cops in bell bottoms and oversized Afros.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One problem I had with the A-Team was that those guys were ex-Green Berets, i.e. expert marksmen, and there wasn't a single gunshot wound for the entire series.

Posts: 238 | Registered: March 11, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Macgruder and Loud

Posts: 7016 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
The Mod Squad

One of the best comedies I have seen. Cops in bell bottoms and oversized Afros.

Wonder how many realized this..

The show was loosely based on creator Bud "Buddy" Ruskin's experiences in the late 1950s as a squad leader for young undercover narcotics cops, though it took almost 10 years after he wrote a script for the idea to be given the greenlight by ABC Television Studio

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
Father Dowling Mysteries

Miami Vice was awesome, the guests the music the clothes etc.. its the reason I bought a S&W 3rd gen 4506.

during that time frame I had a longtime friend on Vice down in Miami. He was quick to say the reality was nowhere close to the show. No boat. his car was a confiscated piece of crap. the hookers liked him. called him "blue eyes".

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

posted Hide Post
FLASH_VIDEO] [/FLASH_VIDEO]

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
CSI, all of them.

It has every idiot who literally dropped 0.25 dollars in the line at Walmart convinced that we will find the person who "Stole" their quarter, and not only that, we will do so in 35 mins plus commercials...

Kevin

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post