SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The worst cop/detective show ever
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The worst cop/detective show ever Login/Join 
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyAgShooter:
One problem I had with the A-Team was that those guys were ex-Green Berets, i.e. expert marksmen, and there wasn't a single gunshot wound for the entire series.

I mean, they were USUALLY shooting Mini 14's on auto!!! Razz

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
Walking Tall...

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1900 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
CSI, all of them.

It has every idiot who literally dropped 0.25 dollars in the line at Walmart convinced that we will find the person who "Stole" their quarter, and not only that, we will do so in 35 mins plus commercials...

This.

By God, THIS.

Detective work is simple these days, y'know. All you gotta do is a quick montage of you dusting for prints, then you stick them in the computer, and after a brief commercial break, it will spit out the suspect's name, address, ID photo, all known associates, social media history, blood type, favorite color, a satellite feed of their current location, and the real-time audio from their cell phone microphone where they're conveniently confessing to the crime.

Case closed!

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
TJ Hooker - as mentioned Heather Locklear in her prime made it worthwhile.

Quantico - Similarly, Priyanka Chopra and other eye candy made the first season or two, at least, watchable.

I remember very little about the show Enos, but it has to rank right up there with the worst of them:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnl8lJVxlwo

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MoreCowbell
posted Hide Post
I like car 54,some of the episodes were spot on with what goes on in a NYPD Pct.

Posts: 117 | Registered: January 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
John has a
long moustashe
Picture of john1
posted Hide Post
Car 54 is sacred. Note the avatar.
I took a lot of hoorah over my last name back when it was on. It still gets brought up by guys my age who read my name plate.

Posts: 590 | Location: Rural NW Oklahoma | Registered: June 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Car 54 is sacred. Note the avatar.
I took a lot of hoorah over my last name back when it was on. It still gets brought up by guys my age who read my name plate.

OK OK Do you look like Toody or Muldoon? I had not heard Idlewild Airport mentioned recently except in Goodfellas. The theme song is what annoyed me back then, but not as much as that stupid bird in Baretta.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
John has a
long moustashe
Picture of john1
posted Hide Post
Not Toody..."oh-oh Frances"
I retire 09/01/18 and I just saw the engraved P-320 slide from my issued duty pistol that they're giving me. "Captain D. Muldoon".

Posts: 590 | Location: Rural NW Oklahoma | Registered: June 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not Toody..."oh-oh Frances"
I retire 09/01/18 and I just saw the engraved P-320 slide from my issued duty pistol that they're giving me. "Captain D. Muldoon".

Congratulations on your retirement. Enjoy your time off.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OneWheelDrive:
Baretta.
Is it true that he never fired his weapon?

He might have in 2001. Eek

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy:
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
No love for Sledge Hammer! ? That show was great ( and terrible) because it was a complete farce spoof of all the other ‘serious’ cop dramas. It was just good comedy, not too heavy. Fun fact the female lead in that show Detective Dori was married to Michael Crighton for partsof 3 decades.

Here ya go:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/R03Dtu1r6nk" width="420"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

I loved Sledgehammer and still do. Great comedy. He is the reason I became a cop!!!!

Posts: 4028 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AirmanJeff:
My Dad was a cop and loved Barney Miller. I thought it was the dumbest show I have ever seen.

I've posted this many times..."Barney Miller" was probably THE most authentic Cop show, ever on the tube. Endless hours in the Office doing paperwork. Dealing with the SAME nut jobs day in, day out. That WAS real, east coast cop work at the time.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 808
posted Hide Post
Andy Griffin

Sheriff had no gun and Deputy had one bullet in pocket.

Posts: 1230 | Location: Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania | Registered: February 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 808:
Andy Griffin

Sheriff had no gun

Andy may not have carried a handgun all the time, but he had plenty of guns...

He grabbed his revolver on several occasions, and shotguns on a few occasions. And there was a gun rack in the office with a number of rifles too.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by 808:
Andy Griffin

Sheriff had no gun

Andy may not have carried a handgun all the time, but he had plenty of guns...

And he had more than one bullet for his revolver Smile.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Not saying it was a bad show, but "Murder, She Wrote" has been completely misinterpreted.

Everywhere this woman went, bodies showed up. The quiet town of Cabot Cove had a per capita murder rate higher than Honduras.

Jessica Fletcher had great skill on pinning these murders on other people using obscure facts and evidence. The truth was that she was one of the world's most prolific serial killers, with nearly 300 victims. Cool

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
How did this thread get this far without someone mentioning “Flashpoint”?

What a total shitshow.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by divil:
quote:
Originally posted by OneWheelDrive:
Baretta.
Is it true that he never fired his weapon?

He might have in 2001. Eek

Aw, snap!

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Longmire.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
CSI, all of them.

It has every idiot who literally dropped 0.25 dollars in the line at Walmart convinced that we will find the person who "Stole" their quarter, and not only that, we will do so in 35 mins plus commercials...

This.

By God, THIS.

Detective work is simple these days, y'know. All you gotta do is a quick montage of you dusting for prints, then you stick them in the computer, and after a brief commercial break, it will spit out the suspect's name, address, ID photo, all known associates, social media history, blood type, favorite color, a satellite feed of their current location, and the real-time audio from their cell phone microphone where they're conveniently confessing to the crime.

Case closed!

I still vote Cop Rock, but CSI was horrible,unless you watched CSI Miami and accepted that Horacio clearly had superpowers. Seriously. He could teleport behind people, at least once materialized in a locked safe, had super hearing, and killed more people than cancer without ever filling out any paperwork. He also didn’t sweat in Miami in a black suit.

I was WORKING CSI when those shows were big and it was a pain in my posterior. No ma,am I can’t get prints off of that and you really don’t want this stuff anywhere near your white shag carpet...oh, you know the mayor and you insist?

All real police know that Supertrooper’s is the only accurate portrayal of Law Enforcement to ever appear in any medium.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post