SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The worst cop/detective show ever
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The worst cop/detective show ever Login/Join 
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
All the CSI and NCIS shows. Totally fake and misleading to the public who then expect the police to do what they saw on TV

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1369 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can we count Scorpion as a cop show? The worst thing ever....

Posts: 269 | Registered: August 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PKFan:
TJ Hooker?

Winner!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chicago PD. My wife loves it. I want to throw a brick though the TV. It brutal.

Posts: 311 | Location: California | Registered: September 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
That new Lethal Weapon show looks pretty bad, though I admit I haven't actually sat through a whole episode.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
1. David Cassidy (may he rest in peace) - Man Undercover. Not a show that he--or anyone else--could ever hope to live down. My kid sister was stuck on him, and back then there was only one TV in the household...wretched.

2. Pretty much any cop/detective show produced by Steven Cannell. Especially notable: Hardcastle & McCormick, The A-Team.

3. Castle. My wife loved this show. Other than the eye candy of the lead actress, I don't get it.

4. Starsky & Hutch. I admit that after watching this show for the first time that I badly wanted a Gran Torino with a big wide obnoxious white graphic for the longest time. But I was a junior high schooler who didn't know better. Huggy Bear...yeah, right. Amazing how some crap just never gets erased from one's brain.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Starsky & Hutch

Heretic. Smile

It had the car and Huggy Bear. Classic.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Dad was a cop and loved Barney Miller. I thought it was the dumbest show I have ever seen.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AirmanJeff,

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Sheriff Lobo. Horrible show from what I remember.

I can't recall the name, but decades ago, I watched a sheriff show episode with Suzzane Somers and that was even worse. It probably lasted one season.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
That new Lethal Weapon show looks pretty bad, though I admit I haven't actually sat through a whole episode.

I actually like it. Cool

In general I have enjoyed NCIS (only the main one not the spin off's) but it is starting to wind down.
Last night they had an episode with a terrorist stuck in a hospital and I caught numerous times they could have taken him out but instead threw down their weapons ? Confused

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I have to say any of the Law and Order or CSI shows. They are completely unrealistic. Some of the things that irk me.

Detective, who obviously has never handled a gun in real life, goes after a murderer, serial rapist, kidnapper, whatever, and gets a tactical team to serve the warrant. The tactical team is four guys dressed in black with "SWAT" patches on their black fatigues and maybe AR style rifles with no optics, lights, slings, etc. They come up to the door, a guy half heartedly hits it with a ram, and the detective rushes in first. (Only after said detective who looks like he has never held a gun before draws his Glock and there is the cha-chick of the hammer coming back).

DNA is always back in 20 minutes (or less). Instead of 18 months.

Fingerprints are easy to obtain anywhere. Inside of a cotton glove? No problem!

The sullen detective. Grizzled, surly and ready to retire.

The angry captain. (bonus points if they hit the stereotype of the mad black older male captain)

The trusting but green junior partner. (bonus points if it is a woman)

The reoccurring role informant (Huggy Bear would be proud)

You left out all the labs, police office spaces, and courtrooms using one 60 watt incandescent bulbs and one 500 watt spotlight as the only lighting.

(Actually the courtroom would have five 60 watt bulbs and no spotlight)

How come nobody mentioned Miami Vice? Razzopcorn:

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Karmanator
Picture of Chance
posted Hide Post

Mike drop. Smile

Posts: 3276 | Registered: December 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The new SWAT has got to be right up there with the worst.

Posts: 1359 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can I throw in a movie?

CHIPS.

I struggled thru the first 15 minutes and started to walk out until I remembered I was on a United 777 over the Pacific.

I considered asking United for a refund, but it was a free movie. It was NOT entertainment.

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
t.j. hooker

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Miami Vice, for the cheese factor.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
CHIPS, Miami Vice.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
Hawaii 5-0.

I'm a big fan of tan lines etc., but not even close to worth it.

Surely you don't mean The Jack Lord?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Miami Vice? Blasphemy out of the mouths of children.

You had to be there, and if you tell me you were, you must have been asleep. Miami Vice wasn't a TV show- it was a movement.
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Sheriff Lobo.
Yes, truly horrible TV, a spin-off of BJ and the Bear, a show almost as stupid as Sheriff Lobo

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Dukes of Hazzard. It had cops, right?

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post