SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The worst cop/detective show ever
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The worst cop/detective show ever Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
has got to be Walker, Texas Ranger. Damn, I like Norris, but the stupid show is so corny, man, I just can't stand it.

What's your worst cop show?

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Worst cop show is my favorite cop show. Reno 911. I love it, wish it was on longer.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Not exactly a cop show, but Barnaby Jones had to be the worst detective show.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Hawaii 5-0.

I'm a big fan of tan lines etc., but not even close to worth it.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
Not exactly a cop show, but Barnaby Jones had to be the worst detective show.

I changed the title to be more inclusive. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TJ Hooker?

Posts: 698 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Worst cop show is my favorite cop show. Reno 911. I love it, wish it was on longer.

I've always said that was the most realistic.

No way to tell real stories without making them comedies! It's unbelievable!

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
Hawaii 5-0.

The new one, I suppose?

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10350 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Derrick.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CHiPs?

Posts: 467 | Location: California | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Cagney and Lacey

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cop Rock.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLm5Sn1cMyQ

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jigray3:
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
Hawaii 5-0.

The new one, I suppose?

For me, it's a tie, new and old are equally bad.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
"Lady Blue" or perhaps "Holmes and Yoyo."

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmm.... tough choice.
I have to vote Cannon. Pretty spry for an obese older dude. And some really excellent pistol work with a 2 inch.
And I thought CSI Miami was ludicrous too. Especially the chicks wearing full size duty pistols in paddle holsters. In spandex pants.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We watch Homicide Hunter regularly but some of the gun goofs are laughable. A recurring goof is the clip they show repeatedly when going to commercial of Kenda holstering his 1911 in a cocked but not locked condition. Last week , someone commited suicide. Early in the show, they described the gun as a Colt SAA replica, then showed a photo of a stainless Ruger Old Army cap and ball revolver. Later, when they show the guy putting the gun to his head, it is a Colt Python.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Unforgettable is painful to watch. I guess the title should be considered a warning.
5-0 is also a waste of time and resources.
Rizzoli and Isles, gimme a break. I beg you.
Quantico should be banned, erased and forgotten.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I have to say any of the Law and Order or CSI shows. They are completely unrealistic. Some of the things that irk me.

Detective, who obviously has never handled a gun in real life, goes after a murderer, serial rapist, kidnapper, whatever, and gets a tactical team to serve the warrant. The tactical team is four guys dressed in black with "SWAT" patches on their black fatigues and maybe AR style rifles with no optics, lights, slings, etc. They come up to the door, a guy half heartedly hits it with a ram, and the detective rushes in first. (Only after said detective who looks like he has never held a gun before draws his Glock and there is the cha-chick of the hammer coming back).

DNA is always back in 20 minutes (or less). Instead of 18 months.

Fingerprints are easy to obtain anywhere. Inside of a cotton glove? No problem!

The sullen detective. Grizzled, surly and ready to retire.

The angry captain. (bonus points if they hit the stereotype of the mad black older male captain)

The trusting but green junior partner. (bonus points if it is a woman)

The reoccurring role informant (Huggy Bear would be proud)

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
His buddy carried a Walther P5C, so the show had that going for it.

That's about it, though

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

I've always said that was the most realistic.

No way to tell real stories without making them comedies! It's unbelievable!

The scene were the Lt. get his new boots, and his bike got stolen is epic!!!

And in the movie when they have to remove the dead alligator from the pool was brilliant!!!

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post