SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Well, Dang. Lyft Has Joined With the Commies
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well, Dang. Lyft Has Joined With the Commies Login/Join 
Picture of fpuhan
posted
I've really enjoyed using Lyft for (mostly) rides to and from the airport, but no more.

I just received an email from the combined Lyft and Valerie Jarrett, the communist sometimes referred to as "the other side of Barack Obama's brain." In it, she writes
quote:
From the Commie Jarrett's email:
As we all know, access to basic needs — food, healthcare, employment, and reliable transportation — is essential to one's livelihood, and COVID-19 has exposed the longstanding disadvantages that underserved Black communities face in accessing these necessities. As we're thinking about the ways we can uniquely meet their needs, we know that reliable transportation is one of the biggest drivers of social and economic mobility.

As a community, we need to remove the barriers that prevent people from accessing essential necessities and opportunities. Which is why, today, I'm excited to announce that I will be chairing a new initiative called the LyftUp Access Alliance — Lyft is joining forces with impact-driven organizations that will connect us to individuals who can benefit the most.

LyftUp Access Alliance founding members

My Brother's Keeper Alliance
The National Urban League
Black Women's Roundtable
United Negro College Fund
NAACP
US Black Chamber of Commerce
Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law
The National Action Network
Together, we will provide access to 1.5 million rides* — helping underserved Black communities get to a network of critical resources and services — to ensure that we all emerge stronger and more empowered on the other side.

These organizations were already providing daily services to millions of people before COVID-19, and today — with millions of Black men and women out of work, and many more holding essential jobs — this support is more important than ever. From COVID testing and food delivery to mental health services and job readiness, the LyftUp Access Alliance will provide access to the essential resources that underserved Black communities need.

Some aren't impressed. In May of this year, an article appeared in the World Times titled Remember Valerie Jarrett? Top Obama aide reveals Left’s 2020 game plan. Worth the short read if you need a reminder.

I hope Uber hasn't taken this route. I may need to start using taxis.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Use UBER - I need my stock to go up. Frown

Posts: 22902 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
This thread would probably get more replies in the What's Your Deal! section.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hberttmank:
This thread would probably get more replies in the What's Your Deal! section.

I thought that's where I posted it. Now I see it's in The Lair. Oops. I don't think I can move it.

Para?

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post