SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Dani Pedrosa announces retirement
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dani Pedrosa announces retirement Login/Join 
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted
Well, should shake things up a bit.......

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/...utm_campaign=Traffic

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Wow, didn't see that coming Roll Eyes

He's had way too much happen to his body for him to want to keep going.

As to shaking things up? Not this season. He'll finish somewhere ahead of the rookies in the rest of his races and that's about it. As to who is getting the 2nd seat on the satellite Yamaha next year? Maybe Folger comes back?

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:

As to shaking things up? Not this season. He'll finish somewhere ahead of the rookies in the rest of his races and that's about it. As to who is getting the 2nd seat on the satellite Yamaha next year? Maybe Folger comes back?

Agreed
His body is toast.
Folger?
I kinda like that idea....

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:

He already had a press conference a few weeks and it had so many journalists the HRC hospitality unit could have caved in. Dani was definitely entertaining the SIC/Petronas deal with full factory support but HRC offered him more $ to be a brand ambassador, that’s my bet. HRC also didn’t want him downloading all his Honda knowledge to Yamaha. I think he was severely entertaining riding the Yamaha but Honda offered him more $ to stay with the brand for many years to come. He could have announced his retirement at his last solo press conference and didn’t so I think he was just using Yamaha as leverage. It won’t shake anything up. His style and the Michelin’s just don’t match at all and his results this year have been terrible. Now to see who will be Franco Morbidelli’s team mate at Sic/Petronas. Everyone who hasn’t signed a contract yet is begging for that seat. The remaining open slots will fill in coming weeks. Dani was holding everyone up and now the dominoes will fall.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post