SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    And now, we yodel.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

And now, we yodel. Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted

Being from El Paso, I keep expecting to hear a screaming falsetto laugh at certain points in the music. I knew Mariachi evolved from this, it's just interesting to dig into it. I'm quite enjoying Melanie Oesch's voice, and her smile when she sings is heart-warming.

Posts: 17119 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For four years I was the only one walking around w/o apps,. Now I am the only one walking around w/o custom ring tones,. Well , now you've given me an idea for some ring tones.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54623 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jodel-Time
Picture of Mboroman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
For four years I was the only one walking around w/o apps,. Now I am the only one walking around w/o custom ring tones,. Well , now you"be given me an idea for some ring tones.

I have actually had a soundbite of yodeling as my ringtone for the last several years. It is from a track off of a CD by a fella named Rod Erickson. He apparently was 'the yodeling guy' back in the day. The songs were recorded in '69-'75 -ish. I use a snippet of his version of 'She Taught Me How To Yodel' as my ringtone.

I always know when it's my phone that's ringing! Big Grin

ETA: Look what I found on YouTube

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0fLgBclDCE

Posts: 562 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
The only yodeling music I have is some Elton Britt.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16688 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Big Grin My goodness Ms. Melanie Oesch. Just like that, I'm into yodeling.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
Big Grin My goodness Ms. Melanie Oesch. Just like that, I'm into yodeling.

Right? Big Grin

Posts: 17119 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of moose201
posted Hide Post
Can’t believe no one has posted Don Walser yet. The man has some tonsils!

Posts: 264 | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
All I ever hear is “Laid The Old Lady Too”.

That’s yodeling, right? Eek

Posts: 11839 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Suzy Bogguss is a singer I have ALWAYS enjoyed. Here are a couple singers who could yodel; one with a great falsetto and the other, well, you probably know him more as a rock-n-roll pioneer.

Slim Whitman

Bill Haley

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 812 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post