SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    "You're afraid we're going to run out of air. That we'll die gasping.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"You're afraid we're going to run out of air. That we'll die gasping. Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted
"But we won't. That's not going to happen. We'll freeze to death first."

I consider it to be the best episode in the series.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll be in my bunk

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
“We gotta go to the crappy town where I am a hero”

“We’re on a year now and I haven’t had nothing betwixt my nethers that weren’t run on batteries”
“I can’t know that”
“I could stand to hear a little more”

“It’s a cunning hat”

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Mercy is the mark of a great man.

I guess I'm just a good man.

Eh, I'm alright.

Posts: 3653 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
It is the best episode of the series.

“Ship like this be with you tll the day you die”

“Cause it’s a death trap, sir”

I’ve actually used a line from this episode in real life....

I was having a procedure on my spine...one that has....risks...and my wife had my children, and our business, and patients to see and...life

When I said it was ok, I understood, it was ok she didn’t come with me she said, through tears,

“I don’t want you to die alone.”

To which I immediately said

“Everybody dies alone.”

She is as big a browncoat as they come and said

“Did you just quote firefly to me??”

We both laughed and it helped break up an otherwise very tense situation

quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
"But we won't. That's not going to happen. We'll freeze to death first."

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
I’ve actually used a line from this episode in real life....

I was having a procedure on my spine...one that has....risks...and my wife had my children, and our business, and patients to see and...life

When I said it was ok, I understood, it was ok she didn’t come with me she said, through tears,

“I don’t want you to die alone.”

To which I immediately said

“Everybody dies alone.”

She is as big a browncoat as they come and said

“Did you just quote firefly to me??”

We both laughed and it helped break up an otherwise very tense situation.

I went through a similar situation last year, and was alone. Wife at work, son at school. Neither knew what was happening. Before they put me under, and right after telling me I might not wake up, that line came to mind, and it's the last thing I remember thinking. It was oddly calming.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I'm glad we're both still here Smile

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
/Handshake

Me too, brother. Smile

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted July 30, 2018 09:18 PM

Me too.

"What do you need two mechanics for?"

"I really don't."

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
I miss this show so much. F U Fox, F U.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
"This is just a moment in time. Step aside, and let it happen!"
I have been very close to using that, with patients.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post