SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bright on Netflix
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bright on Netflix Login/Join 
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
My wife and I watched it on Christmas, it wasn't bad - we both kind of liked it.

I kept thinking of Alien Nation while I watched it... a movie and TV series that I liked a lot.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
I've started and stopped watching it several times, can't get into it.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
I watched it with a room full of people over the weekend. Several folks mentioned how much they liked it. I found it very predictable and I did keep thinking that Will Smith really doesn't 'act' so much as just show up and be himself.

Posts: 1957 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAEIndustries
posted Hide Post
Not yet, so its good?

I just finished the punisher

it was a little slow 4-5 episodes from the end, but picked up nicely at the end

Worth watching

Shawn Rife

www.raeind.com

Posts: 175 | Registered: October 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
I think I saw it when it was called Alien Nation. Wink

(at least that's what I keep thinking to myself every time the commercial comes on)

My thought exactly.
Mehhhhh at best.

Posts: 1038 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the movie, good for some laughs.

Posts: 505 | Location: North East Illinois | Registered: September 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dan03833:
Will Smith is on my list I refuse to watch anything with him in it

Pardon me, but I have to ask. Why?

God bless America.

Posts: 13428 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
As a stand alone movie I thought it was meh at best

I thought it would have been much better as a pilot for a TV show. (Which is what I thought it was when I first heard about it)

The concept is right up my alley, I just thought the overall execution was a but lackluster

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
saw the movie today, i really like it.

Posts: 90 | Registered: December 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
It was okay. I'm not sorry I watched it or think I wasted my time. Not great though. I not a big sify fan but can get into some of it. Bright offered a decent story line and a lot of action so there you go.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aguilar64
posted Hide Post
Is Sci-Fi and predictable.

“When the law disarms good guys, bad guys rejoice.”
― Ted Nugent

Posts: 2192 | Location: North East | Registered: November 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife almost played it last night. I'm sure it's OK and we'll see it eventually, but I talked her into watching "What Happened to Monday?" instead. I thought it was great. I love dystopian movies with original ideas. I thought the actress did a great job as well, portraying 7 different siblings. Plenty of un-explored depth left on the table due to time constraints that we just saw glimpses of in a few of them.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Wife and I just watched it. Fairly typical cop partners comedic drama, a la Lethal Weapon , with a SciFi/fantasy twist. I enjoyed it. (I'm easily amused.) It was just "ok" for my wife.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig M11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
I think I saw it when it was called Alien Nation. Wink

(at least that's what I keep thinking to myself every time the commercial comes on)

Alien Nation...that was it. Couldn't remember. I was waiting for somebody to throw somebody else into the Ocean.

Posts: 1406 | Location: Wilmington, Delaware | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
I just watched it. I thought Lethal Weapon with Orcs. I liked it, it’s not going to win an Oscar. I agree Will Smith just plays Will Smith. In the beginning I thought it was going to be heavy handed social commentary. It did a good job of touching on prejudice but not beating you to death with it. Good effects, the elves needed a little more fleshing out.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed it and so did my wife. My only thought though was it would have made a better tv series than movie.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Syngin1066:
ith. In the beginning I thought it was going to be heavy handed social commentary. It did a good job of touching on prejudice but not beating you to death with it. .

I agree.

In fact - they mention that the prejudice against the Ors is EARNED (ie validated)- based on them choosing the Dark Side or whatever. So instead of the usual 'Kumbah-Yah-BS-we-are-all-the-same-inside' they make a point that the orcs deserve the stereotyping they get.

----------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Not great but I enjoyed it. Writers seemed to take a lot from many different shows, to include Harry Potter (e.g., "The Dark Lord").

Posts: 9002 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tengoo
posted Hide Post
I liked Bright quite a lot...mixing fantasy tropes into a gritty buddy-cop movie was fun, and I'm looking forward to more. I think it might have worked better as one of NetFlix's limited TV series, like Daredevil or The Punisher, but maybe they didn't want to commit that deeply.

Posts: 103 | Location: Just east of the Canadian Rockies | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billr
posted Hide Post
I made it about 30 minutes before moving on.

A sequel apparently got greenlit, but they canned the writer (no surprise there): http://www.thterrortime.com/tv...el-minus-max-landis/

--
When you rest your steak and your whiskey upon the table you have made, you feel pretty goddamn tall for keeping those treats off the ground.

Posts: 2167 | Location: Arizona | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post