SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Netflix Virgin River
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netflix Virgin River Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted
I started it last night, so far I like it, I like it a lot.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
We did too. Watched all of it in just a few days. The next season won't come out till June.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
We just finished it and really enjoyed it. Yup, some of the acting could use some help but easy enough to get over.

I tire of shows full of language, violence, and sex so part of the reason I likely enjoyed this. It has a decent story line that is not too terribly complicated. And most of all no wokeness, social justice warriors, or lefty ideology that I picked up on at least.
Takes place in a quaint little town that I would enjoy living in (except for being in California) but will never be so lucky.

Looking forward to season 2 and gave it a thumbs up on Netflix rating hopefully I’ll get some similar suggestions.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/DMNjH5MlQXc

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watched the first two episodes last night. I liked it a lot. I'll keep watching.

Posts: 1042 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
I tire of shows full of language, violence, and sex so part of the reason I likely enjoyed this. It has a decent story line that is not too terribly complicated. And most of all no wokeness, social justice warriors, or lefty ideology that I picked up on at least.

I'm with you 100% on this. Just finished season 1, and it is a refreshing change of pace from a lot of the junk out there. Well cast, easy going, and thoroughly enjoyable. I look forward to the next season. They sort of left us hanging. Smile

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Binging it tonight. On episode 5 now and enjoying it. We need more decent TV series like this.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up on this. We’ve run out of non-gory, dark mysteries.

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
We're watching it. It is good to have an essentially G rated show to enjoy as an alternative. Plus no subtitles that are easy to miss when eating. It's nice to have found it. We watch one most days now with lunch.

But I cant help thinking I'm watching what is in essence, a long Lifetime movie in multiple parts.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
After reading this thread I watched 3 episodes last night. It is easy watching and very enjoyable.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Just starting. Seems okay so far but I got a little annoyed at her pedantic follow the rules to call CPS immediately. And i get this is humboldt but are illegal pot farms and gunfire important to the storyline - why throw that in there in such a random manner?

Same with the trucker scene at the beginning. I guess all us folk in rural ca are just mean idiots on the road with associations with illegal pot farms.

Is that the perception the writers want to leave with audiences?

I’d prefer the kind neighborly behavior and just leave it at that, thank you very much.

Kinda mixed but will give it a couple more episodes.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Keep watching. I thought nothing bad about Northern California folks. Actually kept saying to the wife how nice it would be to live there if it were not for the South’s political destruction for the State.

As for both of those scenes I guess sure the writer could have written any part of any episode differently.

But both those scenes are a fairly integral part of the whole story line.
Both help with the bigger picture in showing the dynamics of a few characters.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great scenery in it but I think it's filmed in Canada.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
I'm not knocking the show but it's basically an extended Hallmark movie; filmed in Canadia and I believe the main actress is actually in a Hallmark movie this year.

Netflix is trying to compete against Hallmark Channel with this show and Christmas movies.

quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
Great scenery in it but I think it's filmed in Canada.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Finished. Skimmed a lot. Didn’t really find any character too likable except maybe Doc. I was surprised with the 30-ish Paige character being played a 48 yo actress.

Story. Characters. Not sure I’ll look for a second season.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Northern California doesn’t have that kind of scenery. Not in one place.

We’ll give it a try.
Frankly, I sold it to my wife on the basis of being recommended by SigForum, so we’re a little surprised.

I’ll just add—as a 75 year old physician myself—I don’t find “Doc” likable. At all.

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
I’ll just add—as a 75 year old physician myself—I don’t find “Doc” likable. At all.

He is pretty gruff in the early episodes. Give him time, the character evolves to reveal something much better.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very enjoyable downtownv thanks for the heads up.

For those who haven’t watched don’t go in judging, dissecting or over analyzing it. It’s not winning every Golden Globe for the year it’s just an enjoyable show from a simpler aspect of life.

Posts: 3874 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:

I think it's nice that the most educated dude in town isn't the kindly, trusting stereotype that so many shows like this have had.

I can't get past the Capt Loomis Burkhead/Otter part:

Oh Donna c'mon, my intentions are very strategic. Allow me to show you...the cockpit.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had to bow out. Got to the 5th episode but I couldn't take it anymore. I told my wife to watch it when I'm at work but for me, no more. It's a chick flick as far as I'm concerned.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Yeah, my wife is now requesting watching it.
She wants something not scary, not thought-provoking, not political, not violent.
We agree the story is "dumb", but, she says, "There's nothing more ridiculous than what's going on in Portland."