SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Netflix Virgin River
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netflix Virgin River Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
If your wife doesn’t mind subtitles, there are lots of Korean dramas that might fit that bill.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Yeah, my wife is now requesting watching it.
She wants something not scary, not thought-provoking, not political, not violent.
We agree the story is "dumb", but, she says, "There's nothing more ridiculous than what's going on in Portland."

Your wife might have a point Doc. Maybe I will give it another chance.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingfoot
posted Hide Post
My wife and I started watching it, easy viewing and my wife is a nurse so she likes that.

Posts: 1839 | Location: Peachtree City, GA | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
My wife and I had to bail on it. We tried.

The old doctor ground whatever will we had to keep watching right out of us in the first 3-4 episodes. And the nurses’ s sister...Just stop calling her !!

Ugh.

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
This one didn't work for me. The earlier comment about it basically being "an extended Hallmark movie" pretty much sums it up for me.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kg5388
posted Hide Post
If you like virgin river then watch heart of Dixie. The Doc in virgin river also plays a small town doctor in Heart of Dixie

Posts: 1846 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kg5388:
If you like virgin river then watch heart of Dixie. The Doc in virgin river also plays a small town doctor in Heart of Dixie

So at your suggestion we started watching Heart of Dixie lastnight. Pretty much the same story line with the same Dr.
I think the main Female character in Virgin River is one of the Belle’s blocking Zoe from entering the engagement party in the first episode of Heart of Dixie.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Season 3 of Virgin River starts Friday.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Nice. I like that program.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Yeah, watching season three now.
It's not too heavy and easy watching.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watched the first 2 episodes with the half-unit. It's a little too saccharine for my taste, so I told her to proceed ahead without me.

...and I was a little irked at the stereotypically negative portrayal of CPS. My daughter works in the field, and I spent the bulk of my career investigating crimes against women and children. A doctor and/or nurse would be ethically, professionally and legally required to immediately report an endangered child to the appropriate agency, and at least in my state could risk their license and face a potential criminal charge if they did not do so.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingfoot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kidcop:
Watched the first 2 episodes with the half-unit. It's a little too saccharine for my taste, so I told her to proceed ahead without me.

...and I was a little irked at the stereotypically negative portrayal of CPS. My daughter works in the field, and I spent the bulk of my career investigating crimes against women and children. A doctor and/or nurse would be ethically, professionally and legally required to immediately report an endangered child to the appropriate agency, and at least in my state could risk their license and face a potential criminal charge if they did not do so.

Yeah, I did the same thing, told my wife to go ahead watch without me, I'm just not getting into this season. I tapped out when the goofball dressed as a Marine Sgt. in dress blues introduced himself as Staff Sgt. I said OK, I'm done

Posts: 1839 | Location: Peachtree City, GA | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
OK after just finishing the third season I was surprised about the number of drama cliffhangers for practically every character in the last episode? Frown

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I was really disappointed in season 3. They must have hired new writers or something because it was awful.

The only good thing was that there was little to no Hope.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
We watched one episode and I’m not sure my wife and I will continue. I mean, for what it was, it was consumable in the first season. The second season had a few too many General Hospital moments.

Season three started out doubling down on anything that made me wobble towards not watching it. Eeesh. I think “Jack” got even weaker and less opinionated if you can even believe it.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Just finished season 3 and we enjoyed it for the most part.
I have to say no Hope made it very enjoyable. Apparently the actress was afraid of the Rona and did not want to be around the other folks.
Certainly lots of cliffhangers and hopefully Brady won’t be in the next season.
Every time I see him I think of Wes Borland of Limp Bizkit which just gives a weird vibe in my head for some reason.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I just read season 4 is now out.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Just finished the first episode and it appears to be starting off OK. Unfortunately Hope is back, but she doesn't appear anywhere near as annoying. Jack is still kind of wimpy, but we'll see where that goes. And then there's Mel...[/swoon]. I've got a bit of a thing for Mel.

Hopefully this season will make up for the last one.

posted Hide Post
That was painful (season 4). Jack's still a pussy, Brady is becoming Jack, and Hope is still as annoying as ever. Not sure we'll bother with season 5 when it comes out.

Posts: 698 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Tonight I'll watch the last episode of season 4. I guess season 5 will come out next summer.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post