SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What game should be next?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What game should be next? Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
OK I just finished Divinity: OS and Battlefront 2. I am very behind in my gaming. For Xbox One what should I play next?

Question:
Which time sink?

Choices:
Witcher 3
Pillars of Eternity
Wasteland 2
Shadow of Mordor

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Witcher 3. Period.

One of the best games I've ever played.

Get the Game of the Year Edition, which comes with all the expansions and DLC.

(I also enjoyed Pillars of Eternity and Shadow of Mordor, but they don't hold a candle to Witcher 3.)

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
Witcher 3 is the best rpg I've ever played.

On pc, but I imagine its just as good on xbox.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4787 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Red Dead Redemption 2! I watched a friend play it. Holy shit!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I've heard nothing but good things about Witcher 3, but I haven't played any of the previous games so I've held off getting this one.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
You don't need to play the earlier two to understand Witcher 3. You will miss out on a bit of the backstory and inside jokes/references, but it shouldn't diminish your enjoyment.

I never played 1, and played 2 so long ago that I don't recall much about it. But I was still able to jump into 3 with no problems, and without feeling lost.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
If you’ve ever played the Arkham Batman games and enjoyed them, I think you’ll like SoM. Large open world environment with freestyle gameplay and controls similar to Batman.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gibby29:
If you’ve ever played the Arkham Batman games and enjoyed them, I think you’ll like SoM. Large open world environment with freestyle gameplay and controls similar to Batman.

Yep. The Witcher, Arkham Batman, Shadow of Mordor/War, and Assassin's Creed series are all very similar in style and gameplay (all being 3rd person open world action/exploration/RPG games that rely on timed button combos).

If you like one, you'll probably like the others.

The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Witcher 3 and then the DLC. The final DLC pack ties up a lot of the loose ends of the series and is large enough that it could have been its own release. One of the ten greatest games I've ever played.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gibby29:

The only thing with Shadow of Mordor is that it's extremely repetitive. There's no real story involved. It's simply kill these Orc mobs, collect this thing or that thing, and kill this Orc general. You've cleared an area! Congratulations, now do it all over again in a new area. I got bored of it after killing a few generals. I regret buying both Shadow of Mordor and Shadow of War as a bundle cuz it's all just the same shit over and over.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I recently bought and finished Far Cry 5 and absolutely loved it. I love the open world concept. I then bought the next title Far Cry New Dawn and loved it as well. Today I bought and am downloading Red Dead Redemption 2 and should start playing it tomorrow, but I have head great things about it.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Witcher 3. Period.

One of the best games I've ever played.

Get the Game of the Year Edition, which comes with all the expansions and DLC.

(I also enjoyed Pillars of Eternity and Shadow of Mordor, but they don't hold a candle to Witcher 3.)

Based on your statement I went ahead and did a digital download of Witcher 3 Complete Edition. It was only $15 as there is a sale going on right now. Hopefully I will be able to check it,out tomorrow if I am not too caught up in Red Dead Redemption 3. All the games I got today should be downloaded by morning.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Far Cry 5 and red dead are good if you want something modern. Far Cry 4 is also a good one. I recently bought the Witcher 3 so I'm looking forward to playing it and all the expansions provided I can find the time.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the world series

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Well, I only got 28 minutes into RDR2 before Resident Evil 2 came out. I'm going to get back into it but I did just download Witcher 3 since it was $15. Last day is today I think for the sale.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I truly envy anyone starting Witcher 3. Savor it. Do every side mission that you can. Enjoy the scenery. Engage with the characters and the time period. It is a masterpiece.
I've played all of the Elder Scrolls since Daggerfell. Far Cry 2, Just Cause 2, Mass Effect, Metal Gear Solid, Assassins Creed 2, Borderlands, all up to each modern version.
Witcher 3 is the best and worth the time.

Posts: 629 | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Witcher 3 is excellent.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is also excellent.

It might be a matter of taste, but I liked Red Dead better. I liked the character development a little better there.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sooma:
I truly envy anyone starting Witcher 3. Savor it. Do every side mission that you can. Enjoy the scenery. Engage with the characters and the time period. It is a masterpiece.

Gwent. You forgot Gwent.

McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
The Witcher 3 is great. BTW, Divinity OS II is very good too.

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1721 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xantom:
The Witcher 3 is great. BTW, Divinity OS II is very good too.

Yes I got sucked in to Divinity 2. I am enjoying it, they made a lot of changes to the combat, which I was struggled.with at first but now I like the changes

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post