SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What game should be next?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What game should be next? Login/Join 
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
I'm almost finished playing Witcher 3. On a bit of a break at the moment.

Gwent is probably my least favorite part, and my only failed missions.

The Red expansion (can't recall the name, Blood and Wine?) that opens a new map section is MASSIVE. It adds at least another 1/3 to the game. That's the type of DLC that is worth it.

Tons of flexibility as to how to build your character's abilities.

TONS of side quests. I haven't finished the final main storyline quest, and now I'm 15 levels higher than the suggested level for it and it's going to be a breeze, once I get done in the expansion.

I have a few nitpicks (like the horse riding being SOOOOO clunky), but overall a fantastic game.

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Some frustratingly hard fights in that one(Divinty Original Sin II) Smile I thought it was really good. I started another run through and I think I got sucked into AC Odyssey and haven't made another attempt.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: xantom,

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1731 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Yeah I am only level 4 right now on Witcher 3 and some of these fights can be tough with little money and food for healing. I can’t wait to get to a higher level. I actually got to level 5 and was exploring the darkness with the witch, but couldn’t make it any further as I no longer had a way to heal so I had to revert back and try to be better prepared this next go around.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xantom:
Some frustratingly hard fights in that one(Divinty Original Sin II) Smile I thought it was really good. I started another run through and I think I got sucked into AC Odyssey and haven't made another attempt.

Yes you really have to plan your tactics. Playing a necromancer / warrior which was weak at first but is getting crazy strong now

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Ok, now I am up to level 38 and I am really loving Witcher 3. It took me a while to get the game, but I am hooked. I don’t get Gwent so I don’t play it at all, but I may try to understand it. It just seems time consuming when I am trying to complete quests.

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Thinking about trying Stellaris for console also

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Thinking about trying Stellaris for console also

I will look into it. I didn’t think I would like Witcher 3 after a little while of playing it, but it sure grew on me and now I love it.

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I paid only $15 for Witcher 3 and it is the best money spent for entertainment value. I so far have played 142 hours and am level 46. There is no repeat playing so far in those 142 hours; everything is new. I am very impressed by this game and highly recommend.

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
It would be a long shot if you haven't seen yet, but check out Jedi: Fallen Empire.

It looks SWEET.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't pass up Witcher 3. I didn't start playing it until last year and I'm amazed at how good it is.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3523 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post