SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Blazing Saddles miss...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blazing Saddles miss... Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted
I've seen Blazing Saddles close to 100 times, but tonight was the first time I noticed something.

In one great scene, the Waco Kid shoots the guns out of the hands of Taggart and all of his men. In the next scene he's sitting on his horse with his arms folded. What I missed was the smoke pouring out of his guns in the holsters. Not sure how I missed that after seeing it so many times.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
There are movies with sooooo many little jokes or one liners that you can watch them hundreds of times and pick new things up. Blazing Saddles, Guostbusters, Clue etc.

Hell my 8 year picked up a joke in Ghostbusters that I missed and I have seen it a bazillion times.

That is one of the joys at rewatching these.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7674 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
They invented smokeless powder since the last time you watched it.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
How about a little applause for the Waco Kid?

Here's one a lot of ppl missed. In the Omaha Beach opening scene of SPR, Wade and two other medics are working furiously to save a soldier. There's a plink sound, and you can see the medic on the left side of the screen has a bullet penetrate the canteen on his hip. Water drains out of the hole. After a couple seconds, the water turns red... Frown

Starting at 5:09 in the clip below

Posts: 3185 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
As many times as I've seen Blazing Saddles, I never noticed that either. Good catch!

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of K0ZZZ
posted Hide Post
I see a lot of new things like this now that I'm watching higher quality copies of the movies. Bluray and other higher definition formats really do make a big difference.

... Chad

http://shotworkspro.com - Much better than scrap paper! Use 'Take5' to get 5 bucks off.

Posts: 770 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post