SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Gun stories on the Outdoor channel.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun stories on the Outdoor channel. Login/Join 
posted
My wife is sick, and i sat down with her while she ate some soup last night. She turned it to gun stories. I had never seen the show before.

The episode we watched was about the guns of the rough riders and the battle of san juan hill.

As we were watching up pops, Larry Correia as one of the guest speakers. He did a remarkable job. If you haven't seen the show, and like historical comentary about old guns shows like tales of the gun. This might be for you.

http://outdoorchannel.com/gunstories

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
My wife is sick, and i sat down with her while she ate some soup last night. She turned it to gun stories. I had never seen the show before.

The episode we watched was about the guns of the rough riders and the battle of san juan hill.

As we were watching up pops, Larry Correia as one of the guest speakers. He did a remarkable job. If you haven't seen the show, and like historical comentary about old guns shows like tales of the gun. This might be for you.

http://outdoorchannel.com/gunstories

+1
I also enjoy this show and all the Wednesday night shooting shows on Outdoor Channel.

Posts: 4622 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of The Bandit
posted Hide Post
Great series. I love watching these!

Posts: 4334 | Location: Erie, Pa, USA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
I agree. It's a great show that gives interesting historical overviews of a wide variety of firearms.

Joe Montegna does an excellent job hosting.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6038 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Almost all of the shows and episodes that Michael Bane makes are worth watching. His podcast, Downrange Radio, is worth listening to.

Posts: 517 | Location: Alaska | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Gun Stories is one of the most interesting and entertaining shows on today.
Absolutely LOVE it! Cool

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Wednesday night at the range on Outdoor Channel has some good shows.

Impossible Shots is a good one.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10725 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Novice Elk Harvester
Picture of ronnied316
posted Hide Post
I love the show! Joe Mantegna is really good, the slow-mo video is always cool, and they have featured some very iconic weapons. It's set to record on the DVR every time a new one comes on.

"SUCCESS only comes before WORK in the dictionary"

Posts: 412 | Location: Kitsap Peninsula, WA | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ronnied316:
I love the show! Joe Mantegna is really good, the slow-mo video is always cool, and they have featured some very iconic weapons. It's set to record on the DVR every time a new one comes on.

I.m always surprised to see how the thinner rifle barrels whip around when the gun is fired, the slow motion allows you to witness many things you can't normally see.

Posts: 4622 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The ones I have caught recently were all re-runs from several years ago. so I haven't bothered DVRing them. Are they making new ones, and I just missed them?

Posts: 630 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post