SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Support your local sheriff (Amazon Prime)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Support your local sheriff (Amazon Prime) Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted
I watched Support Your Local Sheriff last night for the first time since I saw it as a kid. Funny, I knew James Garner and Jack Elam and Harry Morgan were in it, but I had no recollection of Bruce Dern or Walter Brennan being in it... though as a kid I probably just didn't know who they were.

Good fun.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
For what it is, a near perfect movie. Hollywood hitting on all cylinders with "SYLS".
Nothing groundbreaking but all the pieces fit so well.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8343 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I'm just on my way to Australia.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43877 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I love that movie, and the Sequel.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
Now I am off to watch this classic again!

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
...I had no recollection of Bruce Dern or Walter Brennan being in it...

I haven't seen this classic in several years, but last night I was thinking about "eatin' teeth".

Definitely one of my favorite movies.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honor and Integrity
posted Hide Post
"He's got a heart as big as the whole outdoors, but he don't have one brain in his poor old head."

Posts: 2221 | Location: Fitchburg, WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it's good for a laugh. Like it better than the gunfighter version. Funnier to me. And James Garner is always good.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Great movie, whole cast is good.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really liked James Garner, and that was one of my favorites from him.

Get your finger out of my gun.

Get your gun off my finger.

If I pull this trigger, the gun will blow up in my face.

Yeah? It won't do my finger a hell of a lot of good either now, will it?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up, watched it yesterday.

Support your Local Gunfighter is available on Starz...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10937 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite line:

Oh, that's funny. That's real funny.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The job interview with Harry Morgan cracks me up every time.

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post