SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    "Thud Pilots" on Amazon Prime

Moderators: parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Thud Pilots" on Amazon Prime Login/Join 
Have Camera - Will Travel
Wire Gonzo, Far Bombay
posted
Very much enjoying watching the 2018 documentary "Thud Pilots" on Amazon Prime. The F-105 was a workhorse in Southeast Asia. I found it interesting that one retired USAF pilot stated that despite having flown, in his career, the F-4, A-10, F-16, and F-15, his alltime favorite plane to fly was the Tunderchief.

Sometimes good people have to do bad things to bad people to prevent bad people from doing bad things to good people.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.-Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 2989 | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up - I'll have to check this one out! Smile

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 2942 | Location: Kansas | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12484 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post