SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Someone had to get fired for the music in the new Cadillac commercials
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Someone had to get fired for the music in the new Cadillac commercials Login/Join 
Picture of Green Highlander
posted
I can’t believe that Cadillac is using Nobody Speak in their latest commercial. Maybe someone can explain to me why telling your customers to eat a bag of dicks is effective branding.

The uncensored music video is below. WARNING the lyrics definitely NSFW.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2385 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Probably has more to do with the lyrics at 1:17 than the bag of dicks line.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Okay, I watched the whole thing and can't for the life of me see what Cadillac has to do with that video.... which was quite bizarre in itself....

Whole bunch of rich white people beating the S&i$ out of each other..... I guess there was some kind of message in it.... especially with the American Flag at the end and the poor cleaning lady just looking on....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
So, this isn't the actual commercial, just the uncensored music video?

Could you not find the actual commercial?

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9682 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Here's a link to one of the commercials. They use the song in a bunch of them. I just think it truly bizarre for any corporate brand to associate itself with a song with those lyrics.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2385 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Woke soundtrack for woke commercials. Minorities running through walls and windows and chasing down cars. No white men. Cute.

We are not the target audience for this ad campaign. The people that love this kind of shit are, and they would find the use of that track in a commercial to be "edgy."

Posts: 17099 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I remember being shocked when the Gap used "Do Ya" by Peaches for one of their commercials. That particular track is basically the only track on her album not involving risque sexual themes. (Coincidentally, Samantha Bee uses another track off the same album as the theme to her show, Full Frontal.)

Cadillac knows what it's doing. They want those people who have heard the DJ Shadow song to think they're edgy and cool, while also not offending people who haven't.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18022 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
You actually pay attention to commercials?

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25403 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
It's not as of they tell you anything about the attitudes of a manufacturer, right? Roll Eyes

Cadillac commercials have been leftist shit for quite some time. Whitey's in the back seat if he's there at all, black women are powerful and in charge, the usual pandering horseshit. If you haven't noticed, ask someone who is observant...

Like a police officer

Notice anything?:

Only women are depicted as rulers. Whitey runs alongside the queen's carriage, and he carries the bags at the end of the commercial. That's his only involvement; envious, child-like observer, or servant.

Hello? McFly?

Posts: 107459 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
That's... disgusting.

Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
To Cadillac's credit, they weren't always so spineless. This is from 2014, and I recall they got a lot of grief for it. The start of catering to the "woke".

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
It's not as of they tell you anything about the attitudes of a manufacturer, right? Roll Eyes

Cadillac commercials have been leftist shit for quite some time. Whitey's in the back seat if he's there at all, black women are powerful and in charge, the usual pandering horseshit. If you haven't noticed, ask someone who is observant...

Like a police officer

Notice anything?:

Only women are depicted as rulers. Whitey runs alongside the queen's carriage, and he carries the bags at the end of the commercial. That's his only involvement; envious, child-like observer, or servant.

Hello? McFly?

Hard to observe when one does not even watch them. I always just skip over.

————————————————

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Now, this is damn silly. Who do you think you're fooling? How many times in this forum have we taken exception to content in advertising? You want to behave as if you're unaware of, say, Gillette's crystal clear message in its commercials? Come on. I don't believe for one second that you're not aware of the PC bullshit being conveyed to the American people by corporations via their advertising. Not for one single second. You're a daily visitor to this forum and you most certainly have seen MANY of these threads and you're in this thread. You opened it and read it, and I took the time to provide you with an example, which, instead of addressing my points, you chose to deflect by acting clueless. Don't pull this shit with me.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Now, this is damn silly. Who do you think you're fooling? How many times in this forum have we taken exception to content in advertising? You want to behave as if you're unaware of, say, Gillette's crystal clear message in its commercials? Come on. I don't believe for one second that you're not aware of the PC bullshit being conveyed to the American people by corporations via their advertising. Not for one single second. You're a daily visitor to this forum and you most certainly have seen MANY of these threads and you're in this thread. You opened it and read it, and I took the time to provide you with an example, which, instead of addressing my points, you chose to deflect by acting clueless. Don't pull this shit with me.

I am well aware of the nonsense hence the reason I skip over them and don’t pay attention.

————————————————

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Just stop it