SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Nevers on Netflix
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Nevers on Netflix Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted
Thoughts?

I’m watching and still yet undecided. Some woke undertones. Turn of the century x-men first class theme. Leaning more nay than aye. But kinda like the main character. And the singer captivated me as she did as the maid turned wife on Poldark.

I’ll give it a few more episodes as things are slow right now.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12714 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd say it is most definitely woke. Massively revisionist history. But...still, it is entertaining, not as bad as many woke-wise, and my wife and I are watching it.

Posts: 3536 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm the same. Still not sure how long I'll stick with it. Its piqued my interest but we'll see for how long. I think I read that there is only either 4 or 6 episodes right now and the remainder will be filmed at a later date for a total of ten for the first season. This of course due to the pandemic. Roll Eyes

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batty67:
Massively revisionist history.

Revisionist history???

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
quote:
Originally posted by Batty67:
Massively revisionist history.

Revisionist history???

Perhaps that's not the best term. Alternative history and one in which women have received the lion's share of cool (and sometimes awful) powers, making them, once again, the empowered focus of the story. Again, it is somewhat entertaining. It is undoubtedly well-produced and looks great.

Posts: 3536 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
wife and I are watching it,

it's ok,

bit woke,
lead female (Ms True?) seems to want to talk a bit like Eva Green's character in Penny Dreadful.

we will continue to watch it

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Just watched the latest episode. WTF? I actually stopped the show, exited the HBO app on the Apple TV. Stopped the app from running / removed it from memory. TWICE! Then fast forwarded the show and saw familiar characters and sets. Then started the show from the beginning again and just watched w/o really understanding what was going on (for awhile).

I'm not sure I like the backstory. I've got Travelers on my list; that should be enough on the theme.

"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12714 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Just watched the latest episode. WTF? I actually stopped the show, exited the HBO app on the Apple TV. Stopped the app from running / removed it from memory. TWICE! Then fast forwarded the show and saw familiar characters and sets. Then started the show from the beginning again and just watched w/o really understanding what was going on (for awhile).

I'm not sure I like the backstory. I've got Travelers on my list; that should be enough on the theme.

ha!!

wife and I did the same, we thought the wrong show was on,

good backstory, overall
Claudia Black is looking a bit rough but that just may be the character,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
What happened? It's gone from Netflix? I think they were at part 1 of a 2 part finale. But now the whole series is gone? I can't find it anymore.....

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
It's on HBOMax, here, fwiw.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Found it on HBOmax. Have I lost my mind? Has it always been on HBO? Why do I have netflix in the thread title.... I guess I was mistaken.