SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    New Metallica - Post up your reviews of the new album - <The Good the Bad, and the Ugly>
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Metallica - Post up your reviews of the new album - <The Good the Bad, and the Ugly> Login/Join 
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
I like the new song. Kinda a FU to the critics who say Metallica forgot how to rock.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Late to the party, but having only listened to the song in the first post once, it reminds me of Ministry somehow.

Hmmm, now that I think on it, I bet KMFDM could sample the hell out of it and come up with something just as cool.

As for Metallica, I've been a fan since the 80s and have found something to like in all their work except St. Anger and Lulu. Might just have to buy this latest installment.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
LOL.

Out of protest I can say that I literally pretend like Lulu does not exist.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12328 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
Late to the party, but having only listened to the song in the first post once, it reminds me of Ministry somehow.

Hmmm, now that I think on it, I bet KMFDM could sample the hell out of it and come up with something just as cool.

As for Metallica, I've been a fan since the 80s and have found something to like in all their work except St. Anger and Lulu. Might just have to buy this latest installment.

Wildest crowd I ever saw was at Lollapalooza in Atlanta back in the 90's. When Ministry came on, the crowd got downright scary. Huge mosh pits everywhere around big bonfires of trash. The pit in front of us, a guy was in the center doing roundhouse kicks to people's heads. lol. This was not too long after Psalm 69 came out and the set Ministry played that night is still one of the best concerts I've ever seen.

Posts: 506 | Location: Salt Flats | Registered: April 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
^^^^^

See, that's not a mosh pit, that is just bullshit. It is supposed to be fun, not assault. There is such a thing as "pit hospitality" where you don't intentionally try to injure, help people to their feet, and if someone needs out, you get the out.

One of the things I like about bands like (and especially) Five Finger Death Punch is that they have literally stopped a show, berated pit douchebaggery, directed security to throw out such assholes, and refused to play on until the offender is booted out.

While a mosh pit isn't rainbows and kittens... there are rules. It isn't 'Nam smokey... there are rules.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
^^^^^

See, that's not a mosh pit, that is just bullshit. It is supposed to be fun, not assault. There is such a thing as "pit hospitality" where you don't intentionally try to injure, help people to their feet, and if someone needs out, you get the out.

One of the things I like about bands like (and especially) Five Finger Death Punch is that they have literally stopped a show, berated pit douchebaggery, directed security to throw out such assholes, and refused to play on until the offender is booted out.

While a mosh pit isn't rainbows and kittens... there are rules. It isn't 'Nam smokey... there are rules.

Exactly. I stopped getting into mosh pits when the nut jobs that were literally out to injure others started. But I've seen a few wild shows. The biggest most incredible was NIN at the Boston Garden, the old garden. It was on the Downward Spiral tour and "Closer" had just gotten popular. So Trent went from playing a club the week before to booking out the Garden.

Anyhow security was being really tight and wouldn't let people even move at all. Trent got pissed and said, "What the fuck you can't even dance." and walked off stage (after bashing a few keyboards and knocking the drums off the platform. When they finally came back it was to the drum beat of Eraser. That just set the crowd off. Security just backed down. The loge cleared and went to the floor and literally every chair on the floor was ripped out and stacked in the halls. It was absolutely insane.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12436 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
LOL.

Out of protest I can say that I literally pretend like Lulu does not exist.

I can do one better... Until just now, I thought Lulu was just an anime character or something. There's a Metallica album by that name?

Edit: I looked it up, then listened to a bit of it on YouTube... Not really my cup of tea.

Those who forget the pasta are condemned to reheat it.

Posts: 1552 | Location: SF Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I liked Metallica up until the "load" album.

It was horrible, I sold it to a guy I worked with in less than two hours on the day it was released. It was actually a load of $#!7

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:

It was horrible, I sold it to a guy I worked with in less than two hours on the day it was released. It was actually a load of $#!7

I could not agree more. But try Death Magnetic.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12436 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:

He does that every show, I bet he said something to the effect of "I'll beat your ass myself" to the guy too didn't he?

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Moth Into Flame -

2nd released track from upcoming album. Damn I am feeling good things about this album!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12328 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm really digging this one. I've listened/watched it a handful of times since it came out yesterday. It's groovy yet has some nice crunchy riffs. The harmonies are really good as well.

------------------------------
I'm a right wing, anti-illegal, pro-life, gun owning, straight, white, college educated, politically informed, conservative, Christian male. Liberals hate me.

Posts: 2901 | Location: RDU, NC | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
My God, Moth into Flame is fantastic!!! Looking foward to more, much better than Hard Wired.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
My God, Moth into Flame is fantastic!!! Looking foward to more, much better than Hard Wired.

I am very VERY pleased to see (hear) Kirk get some solo time...with an extended one on this newest track. High hopes!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Moth Into Flame -

2nd released track from upcoming album. Damn I am feeling good things about this album!

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1iprubvCfdM" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Wow. THey should have released THAT as the first track. I like that one a lot.

Much more like their tried and true style.

Give me some more songs as quality as that on this album and I'll buy the first CD in about 9 years....

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I'm glad to see that they are progressing again instead of trying to "get back to our roots" . They are much better when they write organically.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum's Official
Metalhead
Picture of DTREND75
posted Hide Post
I remember going to the store and buying Ride the Lightning on cassette.

I still like Metallica. James is a right hand God and they fucked Jason over.

Garage Days Re-Revisited is still their best sounding album

Sensitive and caring since August 2009

Some people are like a Slinky....not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

Posts: 3810 | Location: PSST! Look behind you! | Registered: July 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
quote:
Moth Into Flame -

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1iprubvCfdM" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Wow. THey should have released THAT as the first track. I like that one a lot.

Much more like their tried and true style.

Give me some more songs as quality as that on this album and I'll buy the first CD in about 9 years....

Definitely feel the same way.

I was not sold after Hardwired.

When I was 12 I went to England with family for a sightseeing trip. I borrowed my cousin's CD collection and basically listened to the Black Album on repeat for a week straight. I've been a fan since. Load and Reload were already a thing. There was no "evolution" for them to betray me with. I think the first CD I bought after getting a copy of the Black Album was the Garage Days 2-disc, then Reload. Loved everything they had. S&M came out I think in highschool. More cool stuff, just with the spin.

I think St Anger came out in college. Was not a fan. Death Magnetic was better, listened to it quite a bit when I lived in Philly on contract at a paper mill. Haven't really listened to it since. The more I hear St Anger the less I like it.

After Moth into Flame, I have much higher hopes.

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Like most Metallica, St. Anger sounds much better live. Frantic, Some Kind of Monster, and Shoot Me Again can sound really played live, but there's not a lot of hope for the rest.

Not only do I love Moth Into Flame, I also love that it wasn't mastered by a 4 year old. There's actual sound quality to the recording. This looks like something to be enjoyed.

Posts: 4157 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:

I could not agree more. But try Death Magnetic.

Agreed about Death Magnetic. Although not completely memorable, it gave me hope that Metallica still have a little metal left in their blood.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ