SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Mandalorian (Disney+)
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Mandalorian (Disney+) Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I know it's not him but every time I hear the Mandalorian speak, all I can think of is Jim Caviezel from Person Of Interest!

Anyone else?

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it me or, does Carl Weathers, is only capable of playing Carl Weathers?

I don't hate the guy, but his speech inflection, pacing, tone...its the same for every character he's played Roll Eyes

Last episode, great. Very nice tie-backs to previous episodes. Would like to see more of what makes 'a Mandalorian' such a feared/respected warrior besides forearm gadgets, armor and a stoic personality.

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
It's not just you. Put on a drivers cap and Greef Karga becomes Chubbs.

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5281 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Is it me or, does Carl Weathers, is only capable of playing Carl Weathers?

I think he is one of those actors (like Kevin Costner) that is ALWAYS himself with very slight variations. Apollo Creed was "Carl Weathers in boxing trunks." His character in Predator was "Carl Weathers in Camo." Heck, even 'Combat Carl' in Toy Story 4 was just "Carl Weathers AS! A! TOY!!"

quote:
Put on a drivers cap and Greef Karga becomes Chubbs.

Yeah. tournament down in Florida. I hooked my ball in the rough down by the lake. Damned alligator just POPPED up, cut me down on my prime. He got me, but I tore one of that bastard's eyes out though. Look at that.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Ep 7 is the best one yet. I'll not spoil it, but it was epic.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I have a year free of Disney+ because I have an unlimited data Verizon account.

So far, I really like the show. He actually murders people in quest for his bounty. No misses, no just knock them out, fucking just vaporizes them. The first time I saw him smoke a Jawa, I almost pissed myself cheering. Throwing them off the land crawler to go splat was a huge plus.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the show overall and it seems to be doing well. One thing, I am not sure Gia is right for the part she plays, other than actually being a force not to reckon with. Every time she speaks it seems like she is always smiling,even during serious parts.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
I like the show overall and it seems to be doing well. One thing, I am not sure Gia is right for the part she plays, other than actually being a force not to reckon with. Every time she speaks it seems like she is always smiling,even during serious parts.

Could be the way she is wired. I’ve been told I’m always smiling in dangerous situations. Even when I’m yelling at people they say I’m smiling.

Or smirking?

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I was a child of the 1980’s so I was too young to see the films in the theater and when Lucas finally decided to make new material...well we all know how that went. As a kid in middle school I was addicted to Star Wars. The Star Wars video games in the 90’s were pretty damn fun but the new movies came out my interest and love for the franchise slowly died. The Mandalorian has reversed that trend. For the first time since seeing A New Hope as a kid I am excited as hell and loving the story!

Episode 6 & 7 are so good!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21078 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really enjoyed the last episode. I hope IG-11 comes to avenge the ugnaught that repaired him. The prison break episode was pretty good but it seemed silly that he imprisoned those guys instead of just killing them. It would've taken too much time and been to much of a risk to put them in a cell.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
I really enjoyed the last episode. I hope IG-11 comes to avenge the ugnaught that repaired him. The prison break episode was pretty good but it seemed silly that he imprisoned those guys instead of just killing them. It would've taken too much time and been to much of a risk to put them in a cell.

Well, he DID have everyone on the space station killed after getting paid.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
The prison break episode was pretty good but it seemed silly that he imprisoned those guys instead of just killing them. It would've taken too much time and been to much of a risk to put them in a cell.

I think his honor required it: they put him in a cell instead of killing him, so he did the same thing to them. It also showed them how much better a predator he was than them, he could capture them instead of killing them. As for the station, he knew those two would try and kill him, that is why he did what he did.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jsbcody,

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
He shoots first like Han Solo.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I know it's not him but every time I hear the Mandalorian speak, all I can think of is Jim Caviezel from Person Of Interest!

Anyone else?

I keep thinking Timothy Olyphant

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Yeah I want to see the IG88 go all. “My name is IG88....you killed my father....prepare to die”. Smile

I love the show. It’s what I want from Star Wars. A wild space frontier. New characters. Gray characters etc.

I literally laughed out loud at this exchange.

“He is the best trigger man around. He used to be an imperial sharpshooter.”

Mando - “That’s not saying much.”

Bill Burr/Mayfield - I WASN’T A STORMTROOPER WISE ASS!”

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Well I'm out. What a boring show. Every episode has had an overly simplistic plot and and the acting is terrible. It looks and feels like the most hokey parts of the prequels.

Agreed. This is what everyone is festering about? Overly simplistic writing/scripts, terrible acting “Balboa, come and fight me!” Episode 5 had the wannabe bounty hunter trying to get into the “guild”. I’m like where da fuq did they get this guy, off a damn soap opera? Terrible acting, terrible plots. Episode 6, Hellboy, I mean “HI MOM”. Episode 7, Favreau pulled out the ‘Pitch Black’. My goodness Disney could fuck up a wet dream. This is terrible. Unbelievable that people are saying this is so good and the movies so bad. Man it’s all bad. Aw wittle baby Yoda do der dah gugu ahhhhhh. People should demand more. Oh well, I got a free week and will be canceling after 3 days. Zero cost, actually they should pay me to watch this bullshit.

Disney+. Just like their discs, horribly compressed audio. Redline your audio gear just to get some sound. I regularly rent 1080p discs that blow this streaming service out of the water in audio quality. Not a single ship scene rattled the room or did anything, hardly any bass. Just like the Disney discs, limited range, muted like sound, so you have to redline your audio and even then the compressed audio is limited range, just terrible.. Supposed to be in Atmos, so when I saw 5.1 only I googled and on the ATV, you get screwed. Way to go Disney. You’ve got Sultan of Brunei money because you chinze out on everything. What a joke. You should be embarrassed of the audio quality of all your shit. It ain’t my gear, in fact it’s well documented in the AVS community. Disneyitis it’s been called for years with their shit discs. The reasoning was believed to be to push people towards their streaming service. Well their streaming service is worse.

If you factor in the waste of time shots/scenes these episodes are like 20 something minutes per. I wouldn’t have been surprised to see a commercial break with Ford, Doritos, Taco Bell, Wal Mart, etc. Overly simplistic plot indeed. It’s made that way on purpose, just like the films, so they can sell this shit in China and everywhere else. Has to be lower/lowest common denominator to overdub or be easily understood by people in 20 languages. Baby Yoda is just I am Groot. 2 days and the shitty finale and then stick a fork in this show and the entire service. Vaya Con Dios.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Anyone else think Kuiil (“I have spoken”) is a the Star Wars CG version of Lee Marvin?

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
Anyone else think Kuiil (“I have spoken”) is a the Star Wars CG version of Lee Marvin?

Not without a blurrg leaning against Kuiil's work shelter. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have the heart to tell my nephew that his new born son (12/20?) looks like baby Yoda.

Seriously. The dark, wide eye, flat face....creepy.

P229

Posts: 3809 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Episode 8.....Wow........now the wait for season 2.

RIP Kuiil.

“Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain”

This is the Way.

I have spoken.

SPOILER AHEAD WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DARKSABER HISTORY

According to Mandalorian custom, one could only obtain the Darksaber by defeating the previous owner in combat. Should they have claimed it any other way, their claim was considered illegitimate.

Ursa Wren to Sabine Wren; "Anyone can hold the Darksaber. The trick is keeping it, along with your head."

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post