SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Mandalorian (Disney+)
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Mandalorian (Disney+) Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
Star Wars land has a whole store dedicated to the Mandalorian. Was at Hollywood Studios yesterday and earlier last week. The ATST is already on shelves at the stores in WDW as well as other robots that haven't shown up yet.

The only thing everyone cares about is the doe-eyed, 50yr old little green toddler. Big Grin

There were plenty of people walking around with Yoda ears on their heads.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Was it me or, did Gina Carrano bulk up?

She did, and I LOVED it. Enough with the 105 pound super hot Twix bars pretending they are bad ass warriors. Show me a woman with a little heft who actually looks like she might be able to handle herself, and I’ll believe it and enjoy it much more.

Amen. Hollywood has no problem getting its male starts to hit the gym, about time the gals get in there too and start looking like the characters they're supposed to portray. If you're gonna portray a fighter, you'd better have the physique that matches; not sure we've seen developed gluts and quads that athletic gals have, on any superhero actress. Any Olympic athlete will do.

Yeah I immediately noticed that as well. She was stout and strong, but not in a "my life is crossfit" ultra low body fat kinda way. She looked fantastic!

My only critique was her hair, they should have hacked it short. I don't think a shock trooper would be messing around with those long locks, too much upkeep, too much to grab.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Well, she's a former shock trooper. She either deserted or somehow got on someone's shit list, since she's hiding from bounty hunters. So it seems reasonable that she'd let her hair grow out some.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tony.

Any Mandalorian props for sale?

I’m headed to Orlando for an Anberlin concert. Can I do Star Wars at Disney in one day?

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
quote:
Tony.

Any Mandalorian props for sale?

I’m headed to Orlando for an Anberlin concert. Can I do Star Wars at Disney in one day?

Yes, you can do it in a day. You'll spend 75 minutes in line for Smuggler's Run. We did it twice (once each on separate days) and my son and I were pilots both times. It's a six person crew ride; two pilots, two gunners and two engineers.

I didn't go inside The Mandalorian section. I just glanced inside long enough to notice the creatures he rode in Episode 1 and the shirts.

If you can't schedule a time to build a light saber, you can buy one that's a pre-determined movie version (except Yoda's) for about $180. My son got the Jedi Temple Guard light saber. He hadn't saved enough for the Darth Maul dual saber. That would have set him back $380 since he would have had to buy two Darth Maul light sabers with a coupler.

We built a BB-8 style droid though. Those are $106 after taxes and you customize it to your liking. The head on the BB-type droids are magnetic with teflon skid disks under them, so the main ball body rolls in all kinds of directions and the head stays on top and rotates where you want it to.

You can spin the head in any direction and the ball body will roll in the direction the eyeball is facing. It's pretty cool. After you build it, someone pairs the controller and the body and you're set. It runs off AAA batteries.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
What's with the Star Trek door bell sound effect in the 5th episode? As the Mandalorian's ship approaches the planet, the Mando recieves a communication and bam, there's the Star Trek doorbell sound. Roll Eyes

This message has been edited. Last edited by: trapper189,

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Well I'm out. What a boring show. Every episode has had an overly simplistic plot and and the acting is terrible. It looks and feels like the most hokey parts of the prequels.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, any guess as to the mysterious figure standing over the dead merc at the end of episode 5? I am going to say Cad Band.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Cad Bane? I don't have a clue. I'm just enjoying each episode for what it's worth. Each episode shows a little slice of life in the much larger Star Wars universe. As much fun as the big starship battles are, it's nice to slow down and see the more personal stories.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
Are we sure she's really dead? A stomach wound is not always fatal, and that actress is wayyyy too cool to kill off after a single episode. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DrewR:
So, any guess as to the mysterious figure standing over the dead merc at the end of episode 5? I am going to say Cad Band.

Pretty sure it is Fett based on the sound it made when he walks.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 280nosler:
quote:
Originally posted by DrewR:

Pretty sure it is Fett based on the sound it made when he walks.

I watched a pretty convincing YouTube video that says it was. A lot of it was based on the spur sound which I have never noticed before in Empire.

I actually like that Cade Bane idea more than Fett.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
People seem all hung up on the fact that Boba Fett 'died' in Jedi. All we saw was him being sucked into the Sarlac pit.

Wearing full armor.
With a LOT of built-in weapons, including a flamethrower.
And a jetpack.
And he's pretty awesome.

I don't think it's too much of a stretch to imagine him escaping.

I still hope Mulan is alive (Ming-wa Wen or whatever her name is).

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
People seem all hung up on the fact that Boba Fett 'died' in Jedi. All we saw was him being sucked into the Sarlac pit.

In the SW EU, pre-Disney-fuckery, Fett does get out of the sarlac pit.

Posts: 10186 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
And a jetpack.

A broken jetpack. Wink

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Well I'm out. What a boring show. Every episode has had an overly simplistic plot and and the acting is terrible. It looks and feels like the most hokey parts of the prequels.

Well, you're in the minority then.

Not every single TV show and movie has to have 100% action and people being getting blown up, etc.

I loved Man In The High Castle, a friend of mine lasted 3 episodes and was "bored". Are you kidding me? I was enthralled by the show!

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
And a jetpack.

A broken jetpack. Wink

[NerdMode On] It wasn't necesarily broken. Han hit it with that metal pole, causing it to activate and sending Fett bouncing off the sail barge into the pit. Point being, the rocket pack functioned just fine, just not in a manner and at a time of Fett's choosing.

Even IF it were 'broken,' Fett is pretty self-sufficient and I would bet fixing it would be his number one priority.

Then, use the flamethrower and/or grappling hook and away we go. . .[NerdMode Off]

I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
And a jetpack.

A broken jetpack. Wink

[NerdMode On] It wasn't necesarily broken. Han hit it with that metal pole, causing it to activate and sending Fett bouncing off the sail barge into the pit. Point being, the rocket pack functioned just fine, just not in a manner and at a time of Fett's choosing.

Even IF it were 'broken,' Fett is pretty self-sufficient and I would bet fixing it would be his number one priority.

Then, use the flamethrower and/or grappling hook and away we go. . .[NerdMode Off]

Everybody knows Dengar came along shortly after and helped Fett out. Wink

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you can't schedule a time to build a light saber, you can buy one that's a pre-determined movie version (except Yoda's) for about $180. My son got the Jedi Temple Guard light saber. He hadn't saved enough for the Darth Maul dual saber. That would have set him back $380 since he would have had to buy two Darth Maul light sabers with a coupler.

We built a BB-8 style droid though. Those are $106 after taxes and you customize it to your liking. The head on the BB-type droids are magnetic with teflon skid disks under them, so the main ball body rolls in all kinds of directions and the head stays on top and rotates where you want it to.

Thanks. I've built and have had built custom lightsabers that are way beyond what Disney offers so I'm skipping that section if I run out of time. Don't know how I would take that back on a plane. I travel with a backpack for two day trips. The droid thing is interesting, maybe I will build some for Christmas presents.

Just finished the latest episode. Did they use random baby noises for the Child?

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Has anyone seen this gem? A spaghetti western cut trailer for The Mandalorian? It’s pretty sweet.

https://youtu.be/SWJrG3Ua5Kk

(On my phone and I can’t seem to get the embed to work)

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post