SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Mandalorian (Disney+)
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Mandalorian (Disney+) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/20...y-stewart/index.html

Hahahaha! They hurt too many animals on that show. Big Grin

It’s a wonder how people like this survive in the real world.

Once again, that 'news' service, pays people (Sara Stewart) to come up with such 'cultural commentary' articles and 'opinion' pieces yet, THEIR BOSS approved this shit and said, go ahead and run it.

Hope the CNN In-Box is filled with push-back on Stewart's 'opinion'

Posts: 14632 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Let's focus on the actual show and not bring in outside BS news stuff because that will only result in the thread getting locked.

Posts: 17879 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I thought the last episode was a bit flat.

quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Let's focus on the actual show and not bring in outside BS news stuff because that will only result in the thread getting locked.

You realize the story was about the show, right? Confused

I think you meant for us to not bring in our political opinions on the news.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Slight thread drift...

Watched the Lego Star Wars Christmas Special last night with my son (Disney Plus, I believe). It's hilarious! There was even a brief scene where they cross into The Mandalorian storyline. Basically the premise is people coming together for "Life Day" with friends and family. Things go horribly awry from the start.

I gotta say, most of the Lego movies I've seen are damn funny (Lego movies 1/2, Batman, Ninjago).

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5394 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen much of the Lego shows but I saw a couple Star Wars Lego episodes a couple years ago and they were actually damn funny. I need to check them out on Disney plus.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
I haven't seen much of the Lego shows but I saw a couple Star Wars Lego episodes a couple years ago and they were actually damn funny. I need to check them out on Disney plus.

Oh, they throw in so many nuggets that only adults and true fans of the storyline will spot.

Tony.

Posts: 5394 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
Slight thread drift...

Watched the Lego Star Wars Christmas Special last night with my son (Disney Plus, I believe). It's hilarious! There was even a brief scene where they cross into The Mandalorian storyline. Basically the premise is people coming together for "Life Day" with friends and family. Things go horribly awry from the start.

I gotta say, most of the Lego movies I've seen are damn funny (Lego movies 1/2, Batman, Ninjago).

Tony.

So, it's better than the original Star Wars Christmas special?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
So nobody's gonna talk about the Dark Troopers? All righty, then.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18022 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
quote:
Slight thread drift...

Tony.

Never watched the original, but from what I’ve heard, it has to be. That said, you pretty much have had to see almost all of the 9 films because I think there were scenes in the Lego special that reference events in all of them.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
quote:
Slight thread drift...

Tony.

Never watched the original, but from what I’ve heard, it has to be. That said, you pretty much have had to see almost all of the 9 films because I think there were scenes in the Lego special that reference events in all of them.

Correct, but they left out Rogue One.

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. I will search for the Lego Christmas Special now.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8008 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:

I'm not a big enough SW nerd to know the significance of the dark trooper, or where they have been seen before, if ever. At a quick glance it looked like a bunch of Darth Vader-like soldiers. Maybe injected with the force or something from baby Yoda?

posted Hide Post
I just want to add that I enjoy the show. It isn't perfect, etc; however it is way better than anything else Disney has done with Star Wars.

It cracks me up that the child does sketchy stuff with the force (like stealing the cookies) he is being raised by a violent bounty hunter with a limited set of morals and the show pays that off.

Just thinking about all the violence the child has seen it makes me wonder if he isn't going to go to the darkside LOL.

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:

I'm not a big enough SW nerd to know the significance of the dark trooper, or where they have been seen before, if ever. At a quick glance it looked like a bunch of Darth Vader-like soldiers. Maybe injected with the force or something from baby Yoda?

Dark Troopers are advanced, nigh-indestructable combat droids. They are originally from the old Star Wars FPS series Dark Forces, and made subsequent appearances in other Extended Universe material.

If they stick to Dark Troopers being droids, then the failed experimental beings that the Imperial scientist was attempting to inject with midichlorians taken from Baby Yoda's blood are something separate. One theory is that this line of Imperial experimentation eventually led to the creation of Force-wielding artificial clones like Snoke from the sequel trilogy, as there are similar cloning tanks with Snoke-like beings seen at the Emperor's fortress in the last sequel film.

Posts: 32489 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen Rebels or Clone Wars, so a lot of the stuff in this show goes right over my head. I had no idea what a Dark Saber or Dark Trooper was, had no idea Katie Sakoff had actually voiced her character before, have no idea about the history of the planet Mandalore in general nor the Mandalorians in particular.

I still love the show. It's better than any Star Wars since Return of the Jedi in 1983. . .

At least they 'fixed' the Razor Crest. It was kind of a stretch where they had it docked for maybe 8 hrs and had it as good as new, but at least that's better than having it bound together with (literal) fishing wire. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21838 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
I haven't seen Rebels or Clone Wars, so a lot of the stuff in this show goes right over my head. I had no idea what a Dark Saber or Dark Trooper was, had no idea Katie Sakoff had actually voiced her character before, have no idea about the history of the planet Mandalore in general nor the Mandalorians in particular.

Agreed. I had to Wookiepedia most of that stuff.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I still love the show. It's better than any Star Wars since Return of the Jedi in 1983. . .

Rogue One didn't measure up?

Posts: 14632 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:

Rogue One didn't measure up?

But Jedi came out in 1983 whereas Rogue 1 takes place before A New Hope, which came out in 1977-8 or so. . .

Wink

Yes, Rogue 1 is excellent. I just neglected it.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21838 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Spoilers......

I don't remember beskar being lightsaber proof.

and Thrawn? He's going to be in this series? Sweet.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Spoilers......

I don't remember beskar being lightsaber proof.

and Thrawn? He's going to be in this series? Sweet.

From what I recall, it is the only known material that can deflect a lightsaber strike. I wouldn’t call it lightsaber proof, though.