SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Mandalorian (Disney+)
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Mandalorian (Disney+) Login/Join 
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
I hate that they are only 30 minutes.

Really? How do you tell any kind of decent story in thirty minutes?

So far, a pretty damn good one.Quality versus quantity.

quote:
Definitely leaves you ready to watch the next one.

Perhaps that's their plan. Dribble 'em out, one a week, short episodes. Keep that subscribership going.

It is similar to what others have done (Amazon started it with The Grand Tour) and I am ok with that. Instead of binge watching all of them in one day, I can take my time and enjoy each episode, re-watch episodes until the next one drops (notice things I missed the first time through). You can always wait for all the episodes to have dropped and then order the service for a month. Cancel after the month is up and do the same thing the next season drops.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:

It is similar to what others have done (Amazon started it with The Grand Tour) and I am ok with that. Instead of binge watching all of them in one day, I can take my time and enjoy each episode, re-watch episodes until the next one drops (notice things I missed the first time through). You can always wait for all the episodes to have dropped and then order the service for a month. Cancel after the month is up and do the same thing the next season drops.

Yes, and I'm fine with it too. I understand the desire to watch all episodes or certain episodes whenever one wants, but I like having to be patient with these shows. I enjoy it more and have something to look forward to. We live in an instant gratification world now, though, where everyone wants it now. I can appreciate that, but it's not a bad thing to slow it down every once in awhile, particularly for something as inconsequential as a tv show.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I signed up for a 7 day free trial to watch this. I watched the first 3 episodes and the mandolorian is now a side story.

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Shoulda called it Baby Yoda. I could watch that lil guy for hours.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Another good episode. More background on the Mandalorian ways.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
**SPOILER**

Are we supposed to think the AT-ST was sentient? Why could we not see the crew through the open ports?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
**SPOILER**

Are we supposed to think the AT-ST was sentient? Why could we not see the crew through the open ports?

It was a soft episode, I'll give it a pass given the first three were solid. Directed by Bryce Dallas Howard, didn't know she directed.

Was it me or, did Gina Carrano bulk up?

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:

She did, and I LOVED it. Enough with the 105 pound super hot Twix bars pretending they are bad ass warriors. Show me a woman with a little heft who actually looks like she might be able to handle herself, and I’ll believe it and enjoy it much more.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
The ATST just head low light/red lights on. They make a comment about how the bad guys were using it and Gina C. Shoots into the cabin. I think it was just budget constraints for not showing crew or inside.

So far I a really enjoying this series, although would prefer longer eps.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
“Unless you want to go another round, one of us is going to have to move on, and I was here first.”

This series is producing some of the best quotes since the original movies..

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
The ATST just head low light/red lights on. They make a comment about how the bad guys were using it and Gina C. Shoots into the cabin. I think it was just budget constraints for not showing crew or inside.

Yeah I don't even care whether some guy has his dome piece sticking out of the cabin. Looked great, and gave weight to how AT-STs were actually somewhat capable vehicles and not necessarily easy pushovers like on Endor.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:

Yeah I don't even care whether some guy has his dome piece sticking out of the cabin. Looked great, and gave weight to how AT-STs were actually somewhat capable vehicles and not necessarily easy pushovers like on Endor.

I think it was done to make it look sinister. Also, I read from other sites that the AT-ST was old and decrepit, and since this was a peaceful out-of-the-way backwater planet, who knows how it got there in the first place. So, it was likely patched up with non-standard parts (including red lights, maybe) and wasn't a 'show-room floor' model like we've seen the Empire use.

Those red eyes glowing as the AT-ST rose from the ground and chased the heroes through the woods made for a terrifying scene. I recall just how mean those things are (by playing the Star Wars Battlefront video game - it SUCKED to be chased down by one of those in the open without a rocket launcher, jet pack, or convenient cave to duck into). . .

I geeked out something fierce when it first appeared.

I also realize now they can never never EVER kill Baby Yoda. The fandom would launch a freak-out of epic proportions. My nephew and I call it "The Baby Yoda Show, with The Mandalorian."

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Loved this meme but did not see a better link

https://www.google.com/imgres?...AwAA&iact=mrc&uact=8

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Loved this meme but did not see a better link

https://www.google.com/imgres?...AwAA&iact=mrc&uact=8

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
They're really diving headfirst into the "Samurai" vibe. First it was Yojimbo, then a bit of Lone Wolf and Cub, and now Seven Samurai.

Kind of a throwback to Lucas himself, whose main inspiration for Star Wars was The Hidden Fortress.

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
It is the Way.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3574 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Hmm, talking this series and Star Wars Fallen Order over with friends (everyone loves both so far) when I had this thought: you area jedi of some sort, padawan, knight, master and you are on the run from the Empire. Heading to the Outer Rim, becoming a Mandalorian in armor and deed to hide (taking into account that Empire tried to purge the Mandos). Either way, Jedi with Mandalorian armor and skills or a Mandalorian with Jedi skills would be bad ass. Just think combining the flame thrower with telekinesis powers, bending the flames around corners, channeling or spreading flames out for maximum damage. Using Mando tech to hide your Jedi powers.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:

She did, and I LOVED it. Enough with the 105 pound super hot Twix bars pretending they are bad ass warriors. Show me a woman with a little heft who actually looks like she might be able to handle herself, and I’ll believe it and enjoy it much more.

Amen. Hollywood has no problem getting its male starts to hit the gym, about time the gals get in there too and start looking like the characters they're supposed to portray. If you're gonna portray a fighter, you'd better have the physique that matches; not sure we've seen developed gluts and quads that athletic gals have, on any superhero actress. Any Olympic athlete will do.

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Star Wars land has a whole store dedicated to the Mandalorian. Was at Hollywood Studios yesterday and earlier last week. The ATST is already on shelves at the stores in WDW as well as other robots that haven't shown up yet.

Also, I was at The Candlelight Precessional tonight at Epcot. It was narrated by Ming-Na Wen (Voice of Mulan from the 1998 Mulan and starred in Agents of Shield). She mentioned in her introduction that she is in The Mandalorian but she's not credited yet on IMDB, so look for her in upcoming episodes.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
Star Wars land has a whole store dedicated to the Mandalorian. Was at Hollywood Studios yesterday and earlier last week. The ATST is already on shelves at the stores in WDW as well as other robots that haven't shown up yet.

The only thing everyone cares about is the doe-eyed, 50yr old little green toddler. Big Grin