SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Mandalorian (Disney+)
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Mandalorian (Disney+) Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
Has anyone seen this gem? A spaghetti western cut trailer for The Mandalorian? It’s pretty sweet.

https://youtu.be/SWJrG3Ua5Kk

(On my phone and I can’t seem to get the embed to work)

OMG, that is AWESOME!

here you go:

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

Everybody knows Dengar came along shortly after and helped Fett out. Wink[/QUOTE]

Thanks to Disney, we don't know that. It isn't canon anymore.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
Has anyone seen this gem? A spaghetti western cut trailer for The Mandalorian? It’s pretty sweet.

https://youtu.be/SWJrG3Ua5Kk

(On my phone and I can’t seem to get the embed to work)

OMG, that is AWESOME!

here you go:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" height="297" width="475"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never"></param><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SWJrG3Ua5Kk&showsearch=0&rel=0&fs=1&autoplay=0&ap=%2526fmt%3D22" /><param value="window" /><param value="true" /><embed wmode="transparent" allowScriptAccess="never" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="297" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SWJrG3Ua5Kk&showsearch=0&fs=1&rel=0&autoplay=0&ap=%2526fmt%3D22" width="475"></embed></object>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

'L Adorable cracked me up.

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
Holy crap! The Prisoner was an amazing episode. The best one yet.

Also, I’m starting to think that was Moff Gideon that walked up to Ming Na Wen’s character at the end of the last episode. The cape fits. I forgot he was coming.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gibby29:

Also, I’m starting to think that was Moff Gideon that walked up to Ming Na Wen’s character at the end of the last episode. The cape fits. I forgot he was coming.

Did you recognize the three X wing pilots at the end? Wink

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
A little obscure, but did anyone recognize who did the voice of Zero? Smile

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Vino Veritas
Picture of Jaycat
posted Hide Post
That guy from the British IT comedy???

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun!!!

Posts: 1039 | Location: Clarksville TN | Registered: November 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaycat:
That guy from the British IT comedy???

Wink

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
The Republic crewman on the Prison ship was Matt Lanter who voiced Anakin in the Clone Wars series.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I loved the IT Crowd. I wished they would continue it.

I have weird taste. I liked him in The Watch as well.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
quote:
Originally posted by gibby29:

Did you recognize the three X wing pilots at the end? Wink

Dave Filoni
and the other two directors of the series.

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
This one was the best one yet. I LOVED it when the X-Wings showed up at the end.

I honestly thought Baby Yoda was going to snap that droid's neck.

"Star Wars Fatigue" my butt. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
That episode was chock full of guest stars. Nobody mentioned Clancy Brown under all the Devoronian makeup and the Twi’lek was the lady from Game of Thrones and Harry Potter.

And of course, Bill Burr and Mark Boone Junior who was Bobbie Elvis from Sons of Anarchy.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
A little obscure, but did anyone recognize who did the voice of Zero? Smile

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
^^ Big Grin

At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
I was grabbed by the first two episodes, but the series has been sliding downhill ever since. Episode 6 was entertaining as a standalone piece, but it did absolutely zip to move the story arc. No character development, no plot twists, no advancement at all. Just a Suicide Squad prison break movie in a Star Wars setting.

I'll keep watching, but I need more from the series.

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5281 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My expectations are so low for Rise of the Skywalker that I'm super happy with the Mandalorian. It's not amazing, it's not bad, it's just fine, and it does no disservice to fans and I'm good with that.

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaaron11:
I was grabbed by the first two episodes, but the series has been sliding downhill ever since. Episode 6 was entertaining as a standalone piece, but it did absolutely zip to move the story arc. No character development, no plot twists, no advancement at all. Just a Suicide Squad prison break movie in a Star Wars setting.

Well, not every series can be like Firefly (which had more character development in 14 episodes than most series do in their entire run). . .

They are a whopping 6 episodes into the series. I think they have done an OUTSTANDING job so far, especially considering this is a first of its kind and they had to play it safe (If Mando tanked, they would have to possibly write off any future Star Wars series).

Heck, the first two seasons of Star Trek Next Gen were garbage (and I'm a rabid TrekNerd), with only a handful of Season 3 episodes worth watching. They didn't really catch their stride for 3 full years.

Plot twists - I never saw it coming that he would have imprisoned the other characters; I thought it was obvious that he killed them all off-screen. And I thought the droid would try to escape with Baby Yoda once he found out how valuable he was - I didn't expect the droid to just (try to) up and shoot him.

As far as 'character development' goes; it's a marathon, not a sprint. I really liked this one. Of course, I could see the tracking beacon leading the authorities to the space station from a mile away, but that was part of the fun. I thought he was going to chuck it out the hatch right when he was leaving.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Baby Yoda - Bohemian Rhapsody

posted Hide Post
New episode is out, very well done IMO.

Nice return of characters, and a good cliffhanger.

I seem to remember reading there are only eight episodes to Season 1, and very much looking forward to the next one.

I hope Season 2 is closer than Nov 2020 though, almost a year seems like quite the wait.

Posts: 759 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post