SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Mandalorian (Disney+)
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Mandalorian (Disney+) Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
It's good; not great, but certainly a good series worth watching.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
Season 2 trailer was released, now the wait!

Link to original video: HTTPS://www.YouTube.com/watch?v=eW7Twd85m2g

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Looks good.
Glad it's only 6 weeks away, rather than 6 months.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I genuinely lolled at Baby Yoda closing the shutters on his pram when he saw the Whistling Birds come out. Looking forward to the new season!

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In a universe where repulsorlift technology is common, there's a ship sailing/floating on water...smh Frown

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
It’s a universe with a VAST number of worlds and tech levels. Not everybody is rocking the high tech stuff

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I think this will be good, Disney didnt screw up season 1 and the same people are on it for season 2

As for repulsorlifts, yes the tech is not universally shared. How many still ride mounts? Banthas, Blurrgs, Dewbacks, Tantauns, etc.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
In a universe where repulsorlift technology is common, there's a ship sailing/floating on water...smh Frown

Would you trust that technology in the middle of the ocean? I’d be dam sure it floats first.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read somewhere that George Lucas is a bigger fan of The Mandalorian, than of the last 3 Star Wars movies.

Posts: 1249 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
As for repulsorlifts, yes the tech is not universally shared. How many still ride mounts? Banthas, Blurrgs, Dewbacks, Tantauns, etc.

I was having flashbacks to TRSW and the stormtroopers riding those absurd tracked ATVs with springboards.

I can see the scenario playing out where its a very primitive world, however, we just got done with s1, where scavenger Jawas are fairly astute to tech and a ugnaught is living a simplistic, desolate life but a mechanically knowledgeable background. Its just a quibble based upon a trailer...

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Looks like Mando will be scrapping paint with Jedi’s & X-wings in season 2..

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dedguy:
I read somewhere that George Lucas is a bigger fan of The Mandalorian, than of the last 3 Star Wars movies.

They are toying with the idea of him directing the next Star Wars films.

Obi-Wan series for Disney+ starts shooting in April.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
We watched it as a family. My kids range from 5 to 10. We really liked it and are looking forward to season 2. Hearing that Disney is perhaps purging SJW from their ranks makes it possible to enjoy this...for now.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Looks like Mando will be scrapping paint with Jedi’s & X-wings in season 2..

That X-wing intercept made me sit up in my chair.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lovin' the P7
Picture of Tim335
posted Hide Post
I just watched episode 1 of season 2. It looks like another winner. And it has a surprise guest star in this episode I think most here will like.

Posts: 3428 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: August 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reminder that season 2 is on now. Are all episodes available or are they pulling the 1 a week stunt like some others are?

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lovin' the P7
Picture of Tim335
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by highroundcount:
Thanks for the reminder that season 2 is on now. Are all episodes available or are they pulling the 1 a week stunt like some others are?

It's one episode per week.

Posts: 3428 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: August 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim335:
quote:
Originally posted by highroundcount:

It's one episode per week.

OK, thanks. I just made a sad Confused

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Didn’t see this thread when I posted mine so I’ll just put this here:

Just saw the first episode released today and again the Mandalorian is off to a great start!

Spoilers ahead!!!!!

Was awesome to see Timothy Olyphant as the Marshall wearing Boba Fett’s old armor. I was a huge Justified fan and having him on the cast is just icing on the cake. The director had to be a fan of Justified as Tim had a lot of familiar throwbacks with his mannerisms and quick draw gunslinging!

I am just wondering why would Mando go through all that trouble to acquire the armor? Is it just for Mando to be able to turn it in for money to continue his journey bringing the child to his people?

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's his duty to collect it (probably because it's made of Beskar)

The Marshal states that when talking to the villagers.

This is the way, you know? Wink

Posts: 184 | Registered: September 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post