SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Mandalorian (Disney+)
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Mandalorian (Disney+) Login/Join 
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Spoilers......

I don't remember beskar being lightsaber proof.

and Thrawn? He's going to be in this series? Sweet.

From what I recall, it is the only known material that can deflect a lightsaber strike. I wouldn’t call it lightsaber proof, though.

Yes, eventually a lightsaber will cut through beskar. It takes very powerful slash or thrust to cut through it. Dave Filoni hit this one out of the park. Loved all the casting; Michael "Johnny Ringo" Biehn and Diana Lee Inosanto (any martial arts student should be aware of her lineage).

Posts: 3934 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Spoilers......

I don't remember beskar being lightsaber proof.

and Thrawn? He's going to be in this series? Sweet.

From what I recall, it is the only known material that can deflect a lightsaber strike. I wouldn’t call it lightsaber proof, though.

Cortosis is also very lightsaber resistant, as well as orbalik armor and zillo beast scales.

I liked the sounds on her lightsabers, kind of a deeper sound than the one we all are very familiar with

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10728 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, lots of name dropping in the latest episode, but there was one big miss here...HK assassin droids that didn't say meatbag at least once. What a downgrade... Razz

Posts: 184 | Registered: September 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gocad:
Wow, lots of name dropping in the latest episode, but there was one big miss here...HK assassin droids that didn't say meatbag at least once. What a downgrade... Razz

Ha!

Great episode. I remember Thrawn from playing Tie Fighter back in the day.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17276 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes.. I was waiting for it. And apparently the newer HK87s are far less advanced than the 1000 year old HK47. They were just fodder

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10728 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:

Those were HK87s, they weren't the quirky but fun-loving HK47 or HK50 series.

"A warrior may retreat, he does not flee. He may lie in ambush, he does not hide. He may experience victory or defeat...…..he does not cease to serve." Grand Admiral Thrawn.

Posts: 3934 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Yep, not a single "You're already dead, just lie down."

Posts: 10931 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Great episode, and beautifully shot. Easily one of the best so far, and definitely the best-looking.

Posts: 32505 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
GROGU ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

This was the best episode yet. It was amazing, and Rosario Dawson was great as Ahsoka.

I wondered why Mando and the other guy (didn't realize it was Michael Biehn, though I knew I knew him from somewhere before) took so long with their stand-off. . .

I have no idea who the Magistrate was, but she was awesome.

I also don't know who Thrawn is, but I did hear the name before (from fans agitating for an Admiral Thrawn live-action trilogy). .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21843 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I'm actually not a huge fan of the name. I think having him be The Child, "Kid", or informally "Baby Yoda" was better than "Grogu".

quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
I have no idea who the Magistrate was, but she was awesome.

Nobody does. This was her first appearance ever in the Star Wars Universe.

quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
I also don't know who Thrawn is, but I did hear the name before (from fans agitating for an Admiral Thrawn live-action trilogy). .

In the pre-Disney Star Wars Extended Universe, Thrawn was an Imperial Grand Admiral, considered to be the greatest military tactician in Imperial history, who went on to take command of the largest portion of the former Imperial forces when they splintered out under the control of various warlords after the Empire's demise. Basically the successor to the Imperial throne (or what remained) after Palpatine and Vader's deaths. He played a significant role in a number of the most popular Extended Universe novels and other material over the years, as the primary leader of the Imperial remnants fighting the New Republic for a period of time after Endor.

Even once Disney bought Star Wars and all the pre-Disney SW EU stuff was declared non-canon, Thrawn was quickly reintroduced in some of the new canon material, since they recognized that he's a hugely popular character. Most notably, he appeared in the last couple seasons of the Rebels animated TV show, where he was the main antagonist tasked by the Emperor with hunting Asoka and her cell of Rebel fighters, likely leading to the grudge she apparently continues to hold against him.

The "live action Thrawn Trilogy" part came about because he was initially introduced in a trilogy of novels by Timothy Zahn that are some of the best and most popular post-original-trilogy Star Wars novels of all time. And with the Disney sequel trilogy sucking so hard, lots of SW fans think that they should have just adapted these Thrawn Trilogy novels into a trilogy of sequel movies instead, and it would have been a bajillion times better.

Posts: 32505 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Very good episode, great hinting at the potential of a dark path, and NO mention of midichloreans.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Nobody does. This was her first appearance ever in the Star Wars Universe.

I meant I don't know the actress. . . She was good, though.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21843 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
Linda Lee Inosanto. Bruce Lee’s goddaughter, and daughter of Dan Inosanto, an eskrima grandmaster and friend and student to Bruce Lee. One of three men to be certified by Bruce Lee to teach Jeet Kun Do.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
^^Diana Lee Inosanto?

Wow. I might need to start subscribing to this already.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16336 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
Yes Diana. Brain fart on my part

Posts: 1169 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Also, just for coincidence, November 27 (episode premiere date) is Bruce Lee's birthday.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Pre Disney Star Wars info also described Palpatine as extremely xenophobic and as such, Thrawn was the only nonhuman to ever reach the rank of Grand Admiral. He was just that good.

Also Big Grin

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
Also, just for coincidence, November 27 (episode premiere date) is Bruce Lee's birthday.

I'm sure the Ashoka reveal on Thanksgiving Friday was planned but, with Bruce's birthday on the same day, that was an opportunity for Diana to have a role. I nice gesture, considering her character is new.

Posts: 14651 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I was not sure if it was OK to discuss spoilers in this thread, so I started a spoiler thread:I was not sure if it was OK to discuss spoilers in this thread, so I started a spoiler thread:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...140050774#3140050774

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12325 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Timothy Zahn's Thrawn trilogy are some of the best books in the SW universe. Pretty excited to see his character brought to life.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post