SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Mandalorian (Disney+)
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Mandalorian (Disney+) Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Episode 9: The Marshall or Raylan rides again. Big Grin

These folks were not amused:
https://www.indiewire.com/2020...-marshal-1234596112/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16179 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim335:
And it has a surprise guest star in this episode I think most here will like.

Technically, three surprise guest stars.

John Leguizamo played the cyclops in the opening scene, the one with info on where to find a Mandalorian.

Then there's the (US) Marshal.

Plus the guy in the shot at the very end. (Which I bet many folks didn't recognize, or it didn't register who that character was, otherwise I'd have expected there to be a lot more chatter about it here...)

Posts: 32485 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Plus the guy in the shot at the very end. (Which I bet many folks didn't recognize, or it didn't register who that character was, otherwise I'd have expected there to be a lot more chatter about it here...)

Ohh, that was NOT missed whatsoever Cool

Posts: 14630 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16179 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gibby29:
Cancel a few and put them on a rotating schedule. Watch D+ for a few months and let the content build back up on NF and then switch. Nothing saying you have to have them all at the same time.

I was going to cancel NF for a while until I found out I’m getting D+ for free and may do it anyways for HBO for a while.

I with you there. Since I started streaming several months back, I needed to explore my options anyway so cancelling one and adding another was just routine to settle on programming. If anything is very slightly inconvenient, it's that you have to use the computer to login to your account and go thru their cancellation procedures, which will include a questionnaire sometimes, and/or give you the option to end the service but keep it on-hold for a short term.

I've cancelled 3 services so far and likely will be dropping another shortly. That was one of the appealing items about streaming TV is that you could cancel the services without penalty fees for early contract cancellation. I really like that feature so far.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Awesome...

The Krayt dragon hunt reminded me of Knights of the Old Republic, you had to lure him out onto the mines.

The Marshal's speeder was anakins pod racer engine

Yes the man at the end was not missed at all. A good episode and start to the season

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lord Vaalic,

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was good, a little slower that previous episodes, but a lot of fan service. While the armor and old man reveal in the end was related to the plot, the return of R5 and Aniken’s pod racer engine was pretty blatant fan service. Also thought I had accidentally tuned into another Dune remake for a while there. And to be honest, the way they ended up defeating the creature was the way I thought they would try in the first place.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I give up. The man at the end looks familiar, but I got nothin.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
I give up. The man at the end looks familiar, but I got nothin.

"After retrieving the armor from Vanth, who makes a mention to ensure the Mandalorians knows he didn’t break the jetpack of the suit, Mando takes off across the plains on his bike, watched by a cloaked figure from atop a mountain who turns around to reveal the face of actor Temuera Morrison, likely as Boba Fett."

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Ha! I had blocked out most of the BS other movies from my memory, but I see it now.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ha! I had blocked out most of the BS other movies from my memory, but I see it now.

Figure the bounty hunter is after Mando and baby Yoda. Smile

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Boba_Fett

USN (RET), COTEP #192

posted Hide Post
I was disappointed

Posts: 580 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Considering all that's been inserted and built-up in s.1, there's high likelihood that its...
1. Boba Fett
2. Captain Rex
3. Standard issue clone trooper

Posts: 14630 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
I'm thankful for the Mandalorian, it's made Star Wars fun again.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11760 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Here's the guy when he played Jango Fett with young Boba on the left.

Boba was the first clone, so....

I had assumed that the old man at the end was Boba Fett.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5394 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yes, it's almost certainly Boba Fett.

Posts: 32485 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I'd love to take one of those speeders for a spin Wink

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:

Considering all that's been inserted and built-up in s.1, there's high likelihood that its...
1. Boba Fett
2. Captain Rex

The clones age faster as a result of the cloning process. Wouldn’t they all be dead by now?

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
1. Boba Fett
2. Captain Rex

The clones age faster as a result of the cloning process. Wouldn’t they all be dead by now?

Possibly...cloning began in 32 BBY, Clone Wars was 22-19 BBY, Battle of Endor was 4 ABY, this show takes place 5 years after so, it's 9 ABY.
The oldest surviving trooper would be 42 years old, which is how old Rex and Cody would be, along with Boba and his normal aging.

Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed the new episode. Always like seeing the ‘Marshal’. His dialogue made me think there was a Harlan county on another planet. The bartender’s appearance reminded me of Apocalypse in X-Men.

Michael

Posts: 1099 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post