SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Mandalorian (Disney+)
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Mandalorian (Disney+) Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Nobody seems to get wounded in this show. When everyone is an alien around you, their life means nothing.

It's easy to kill the unfamiliar or inferior.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Possible spoiler after pic??

The scout troopers with the Child waiting had me laughing so hard. Wasn’t in the military but I can imagine the same interaction. Just the way we do things and talk about stuff at my job.

Also loved how they threw in what horrible shots they are.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I loved it! Finally Star Wars is fun again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
And unsubscribed. Free $0! Big Grin

Fuck you Disney!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:

Fuck you Disney!

But we were hoping you’d stick around and whine about how bad it is. The haters can go sulk in their corner, rocking back and forth, clutching their original trilogy vhs tapes. Filoni and Favreau have given fans something to be excited about. The Mandalorian has been nothing short of amazing imo.

Posts: 715 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I’ve enjoyed it as much as the originals. Maybe the bar was set so low because of the previous films or maybe just maybe it’s that good. I actually want to go back and rewatch the entire season. That’s a first for Star Wars in a long time.

I feel like finally they did something right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I loved it! Finally Star Wars is fun again.

Exactly. No subtext no agendas no avant-garde changes to the mythos just because. It’s just a fun star wars story that can be enjoyed by the whole family.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
The scout troopers with the Child waiting had me laughing so hard. Wasn’t in the military but I can imagine the same interaction. Just the way we do things and talk about stuff at my job.

The way that was written I thought man, that has to be somebody famous under that armor. IMDb has trooper one listed as Jason Sudeikis. Big Grin

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peanut71:
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:

Fuck you Disney!

But we were hoping you’d stick around and whine about how bad it is. The haters can go sulk in their corner, rocking back and forth, clutching their original trilogy vhs tapes. Filoni and Favreau have given fans something to be excited about. The Mandalorian has been nothing short of amazing imo.

I deleted a post where I traded insults back with you out of courtesy and I’m not going to drop to that level with you. Why you are so butt hurt that someone doesn’t like what you deem “amazing” escapes me. People have opinions, this is a discussion forum, so deal with it.

I’ve watched Favreau for over 20 years so I think I can comment. Hell, Giancarlo Esposito I’ve been watching for over 30 years. Is this the love it only thread or can people speak their mind? The plots were overly simple, the acting was not great, and it’s obvious all of this is done, just like their bad films (Disney), to play in China and overseas. If they make it simple it doesn’t get lost in translation when subtitles are added. I think people should be more demanding. But I understand why people are enamored. The films are so bad and films and content in 2018 are so bad, it can make poor film making good to some.
A friend, who is a big Star Wars nut said something like “due to the films, it’s just the one thing we are clinging on to because everything else is so bad”. He is not a demanding person with content and even he said the films were bad. So I get it. In comparison it’s something. To me I still think it’s poor film making. They could do so much better. I think Disney is just a shit company.

Retitle the thread “positive comments only” or don’t get worked up and start insulting people who don’t agree with you. It’s far from amazing to me, big deal, one person’s opinion. And VHS tapes? Really? I have the original trilogy on Blu Ray and even George Lucas fucked that up with his edits. These people could fuck up a wet dream. I’ll leave you to your leg humper thread now. Maybe next season they’ll get really innovative and add some kind of princess.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hope this works

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I won a bet with a friend on the forum that Prefontaine could not go more than 5 posts without posting again how much "The Mandalorian" sucks!!! Five posts exactly!!!

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I won a bet with a friend on the forum that Prefontaine could not go more than 5 posts without posting again how much "The Mandalorian" sucks!!! Five posts exactly!!!

I just realized it’s the same person on page one, post 2 that said he’s done with Disney but just now has said he’s unsubscribed. I come here to see if people caught things I missed and what they expect to happen. I could care less what people think about the show. The fact that people take time to write paragraphs of negativity and have to virtue signal about the decades they’ve been watching or following something is hilarious to me. I think the show is great and I’m excited for the next season or clone wars which should hold some of over until the next season.

Posts: 715 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s not Lawrence of Arabia, it’s not War and Peace. It’s fun, it is simple, it’s simply fun. I liked it. I varying opinions on the movies, and options of Disney. As for the Mandalorian, it was good.

Posts: 193 | Registered: May 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
Watched this with my youngest son (he is nine), and we enjoyed the heck out of it.

A good show to watch with a techy kid.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I saw Star Wars in a theatre when it was just Star Wars, not “A New Hope.” I grew up with Star Wars. I had all the toys. I read all the books. I’ve seen all the movies, even the ones I don’t like (damn you Rian Johnson). The Mandalorian is my favorite Star Wars product in decades. I can’t wait for season 2.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Possible spoiler ...?

I loved that scene. I couldn't stop laughing and actually rewatched it a couple times before continuing on to the rest of the episode.

Also, mind blown at the Darksaber. I remember seeing it in the Clone Wars animated series. Does this mean that Moff Gideon has some connection to the Mandalorians?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
SPOILERS for the final episode.

quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
quote:
Possible spoiler ...?

I loved that scene. I couldn't stop laughing and actually rewatched it a couple times before continuing on to the rest of the episode.

Also, mind blown at the Darksaber. I remember seeing it in the Clone Wars animated series. Does this mean that Moff Gideon has some connection to the Mandalorians?

That was one of the best scenes ever for troopers. I also liked the way they got updates on the commander killing all of his own troops.

Posts: 11377 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:

That was one of the best scenes ever for troopers. I also liked the way they got updates on the commander killing all of his own troops.

Ok, I LOVE the Mandalorian. However, I hated this last episode. I wondered if it was directed by Rian Johnson, it was so bad.

I quoted the above, since I did think it was funny to see the 'kill your own men' stuff seen from the perspective of a nameless mook. That was funny, but I found the rest of that scene just a plodding attempt at humor that failed.

And, wth, there are like 50 Storm- and Deathtroopers, yet the heroes get off with out a scratch (except for Mando's near death experience, where he got better)? I hated the IG-11 character in the first episode for how stupid effective he was. If a single droid can take out 50 humans, why don't they have more droid armies? Here, he did the same thing. There were dozens of troopers, the heroes were hopelessly outnumbered, and they still walked away at the end with a happy ending.

And how did IG-11 get to the city? He had no bike or ship - did he jog there? It took over a day for the heroes to trek there on their lizard horses, yet IG just *appears* out of thin air.

And if Moff Whatever wanted the Child so badly, why did he try to MURDER him several times? He had this big tense stand-off JUST SO he could get the kid without harming it, yet he decides "ah, screw it - send in the flamethrower dude." And later, he tries to strafe them all with his TIE fighter. If his ENTIRE motivation was to capture the Child alive, WHY would he do this.

Yes, I know, this isn't Citizen Kane, and I do like the series overall. I just hated this one episode because it seemed to encapsulate all the bad writing trends that plague Star Wars nowadays.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does this mean that Moff Gideon has some connection to the Mandalorians?

He was an ISB officer during the purge, so he has always had a connection to Mandalore. He also has data on all the Mandalorians. It will be interesting to find out how he got the Darksaber; whether if it was through personal combat (the only legitimate way to get it) or by theft.

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Murder was always plan B for the child. Bring him in alive, or bring him in dead for a smaller bounty. I think its a "if we can't have him, make sure they can't either."

Droid armies got banned after Palpatine took over. IG units were technically illegal assassin droids from before the ban. IG11 is actually significantly less overpowered than IG88 was in the novels prior to the newest trilogy. <Turns off nerd mode>

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post