SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Luke Cage 2 just dropped.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Luke Cage 2 just dropped. Login/Join 
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted
I just saw the first episode and I'm very confused. White people are white devils and all and we are very racist and all. In this episode which features only one white dood that portrays a latino dood. that I recall and I can't even count the number of "N" bombs that were dropped. It seems so far like black man is trying to destroy black man. It's not racist because no white man is involved I guess. I hope I get less confused as the season progresses.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I think it goes to show why nobody here has bothered to mention this show being scheduled for a second season. Social Justice shrouded in the veil of super hero shows isn't appealing.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
I just want to see Luke Cage hitting things and being bulletproof. I don't want the politics Frown

Posts: 10199 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
I lost interest in the first season and didn't even finish it.

Posts: 3229 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dgrdvm
posted Hide Post
I watched the first 2 and really did not pick up on a white people are evil vibe. I mean the cast is predominantly non white but that seems to reflect the geography more than anything else. There is the expected rhetoric on general social injustice and how awesome a black superhero is ( I guess nobody counts Falcon) but still fun light entertainment

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that'
George Carlin

Posts: 504 | Location: St Louis | Registered: June 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
You brought up an interesting point: Everyone thinks of Falcon or Black Panther or Luke Cage, but nobody remembers the first in the MCU--James Rhodes, aka War Machine. Why is that?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Orguss,

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
What about Blade??? Blade always gets the Shaft.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7632 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I specifically said "MCU" for a reason. Blade was cool and all but his time came and passed.

Picture of dgrdvm
posted Hide Post
Heck that’s right. I guess it’s tough to tell Rhodes is a black guy in that armor.

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that'
George Carlin

Posts: 504 | Location: St Louis | Registered: June 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wanna see J Jones & Cage together like they are in the comics... not just a brief fling.

Posts: 106 | Registered: September 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
The music in the first one was fantastic. The way they blend d the score with cottonmouth’s club scene was great tv. Any good vibes in this one?

BTW, the bad guys (and gal) in the first one were black. I really dug the Harlem vibe without feeling like an outsider honkey. ( I love that word from the 70’s)

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
You brought up an interesting point: Everyone thinks of Falcon or Black Panther or Luke Cage, but nobody remembers the first in the MCU--James Rhodes, aka War Machine. Why is that?

Cause he's super lame.

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I am really enjoying the 2nd season. They are depicting a lot of how "real" people think and act in that environment. It's fiction, you don't have to take it so seriously...

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7058 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post