SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Actor/Actress Who You Have Enjoyed in Every Role You Actually Saw
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Actor/Actress Who You Have Enjoyed in Every Role You Actually Saw Login/Join 
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
John Krasinski. Just added to my list yesterday.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nero
posted Hide Post
Bruce Lee

nero

Posts: 4639 | Location: Tampa Bay Area | Registered: August 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tom Selleck
James Garner
Harry Dean Stanton
Strother Martin
John Goodman

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A lot of good ones listed so far. One I haven't seen yet is Harvey Keitel. I haven't seen most of his movies, but I liked him in every one I have seen.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Charlton Heston - The only name that came to my mind instantly.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
I haven’t seen everything made by these guys but I like what I’ve seen so far.

Tom Selleck
Gene Hackman
Robert Duvall
Kurt Russell
Jimmy Stewart
John Wayne

A lot of good names from everyone. None that I would disagree with.

Posts: 1440 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think Decaprio and Pitt do a great job with their movies as they can play many roles/characters both good and bad. Josh Brolin is another. Of course you can't forget about Clint Eastwood.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cold Ass Honkey
Picture of Sig Vicious
posted Hide Post
Bo Derek.
Even in Sharknado 6.

------------------------------
Never fully gruntled.

Posts: 2173 | Location: OR-ee-GUN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scot818:

Gene Hackman

I love Gene Hackman and the characters he plays. He does them well.

The problem with him, is that he doesn't become the character. In other words, you can tell that he is acting. Him, and so many others. Great character actors, but not entirely convincing that they are who they are playing.

On the other hand, look at actors like Portman or DiCaprio. When you watch their films, they convince you that they are who they are playing. They have a gift.

I might even be convinced to add Matt Damon to my list, particularly with his Bourne characters. Can't stand the guy, but could he actually be a super-spook? Yeah.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jimmy Stewart, Denzel Washington, Tom Hardy, Jane Russell, Tom Selleck

Posts: 630 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Jon Voight

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Fred Ward. Truly unappreciated.

Remo Williams, The Right Stuff, Escape from Alcatraz, Tremors....

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Kelsey Grammer. Yes, he is best known for his Frasier Crane character, but in his other roles, he has the ability to seem to become whoever he is playing. BTW, he ties the record (with James Arness as Matt Dillon in Gunsmoke) for time playing a single live-action character, 20 years.

Grammer was amazing in Boss, and I haven't really thought of him as outstanding until seeing him in that.

I would add Don Cheadle. Amazing actor that always makes a movie better.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Every role? Probably not, because I’m picky about the comedies that I enjoy, but I have to say Vince Vaughan has surprised me. He started by doing a string of comedies, some good, some bad. I watch him in season two of True Detective and marvel at his growth as an actor. He’s good

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
Bill Paxton
Sandra Bullock

Posts: 829 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Claude Rains

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Audrey Hepburn.
Donna Reed.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hairy2dawg
posted Hide Post
While they've both played some roles in movies that I didn't care for, Mel Gibson & Sandra Bullock are 2 of my favorites.

Posts: 1275 | Location: Athens, GA | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Denzel Washington
Vera Farmiga

Posts: 97 | Location: Alabama  | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Citadel
posted Hide Post
Hugo Weaving

Posts: 816 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post