SIGforum
Actor/Actress Who You Have Enjoyed in Every Role You Actually Saw

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/7310022644

August 25, 2018, 06:56 PM
radioman
Actor/Actress Who You Have Enjoyed in Every Role You Actually Saw
Martin Milner
William Shatner (except for that rescue 911 stuff)

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!
August 25, 2018, 06:59 PM
Nickelsig229
Tom Hardy
Christopher Walken
Christian Bale

I agree with a lot mentioned.

First In Last Out
August 25, 2018, 07:14 PM
DTREND75
Harrison Ford

Sensitive and caring since August 2009

Some people are like a Slinky....not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

August 25, 2018, 07:22 PM
sandmatt
Guy Pierce
August 25, 2018, 08:19 PM
C-Dubs
Clint Eastwood
John Candy
Denzel Washington

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
August 25, 2018, 08:24 PM
fpuhan
I'm not going to repeat the ones already mentioned. I'll just add:

Tom Hanks.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member
August 25, 2018, 09:40 PM
radioman
Bill Murray --- I haven't seen all of his stuff, but what I have seen has been great. Caddyshack, Groundhog Day, Stripes, lost in Translation, his SNL stuff, even Ghostbusters for it's time.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!
August 25, 2018, 11:21 PM
mr kablammo
Madeline Khan
Terri Garr-hubba hubba
Gene Wilder
Lee Van Cleef
Bud Spencer
Terrence Hill
Eli Wallach

Truely I have not seen ALL of their movies, which must be in the hundreds. But these folks have impressed me as being personally decent and it comes through. Except TH, he scoots through on just his acting.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.
August 25, 2018, 11:23 PM
the Hudge
Tim Curry.
Never disappoints.
August 26, 2018, 12:45 AM
Orguss
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
Tom is typecast.

That's a bald-faced lie. He chooses his roles in order to not be typecast.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"
August 26, 2018, 06:24 AM
egregore
Kelsey Grammer. Yes, he is best known for his Frasier Crane character, but in his other roles, he has the ability to seem to become whoever he is playing. BTW, he ties the record (with James Arness as Matt Dillon in Gunsmoke) for time playing a single live-action character, 20 years.
August 26, 2018, 12:02 PM
Floyd D. Barber
Burton Gilliam.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

August 26, 2018, 12:03 PM
Floyd D. Barber
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
Tom is typecast.

That's a bald-faced lie. He chooses his roles in order to not be typecast.

Early on, he was always cast as an asshole.
Or at least, that's how he portrayed the character.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

August 26, 2018, 12:11 PM
Sigfest
James Garner
Melvyn Douglas
William Powell
Gloria Graham
James Stewart
Brad Dourif
Bing Russell
John Crawford
August 26, 2018, 02:18 PM
smschulz
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Denzel Washington.

Agree, he has a pretty good track record.
August 26, 2018, 03:19 PM
Jimbo54
A lot of my favorites have been listed. One that hasn't is Bruce Dern. A great character actor.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird
August 26, 2018, 03:43 PM
Sig Marine
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
Gene Hackman.

Hackman has been a favorite of mine for years.

James Cromwell has done some good work as has Russell Crow. Don't know that I've seen a bad flick from any of these "big names" either: Leonardo DiCaprio, Matthew McConaughey, Matt Damon, Ben Afleck, Keanu Reeves and Samual L. Jackson.

Almost forgot...Liam Neeson, Francis McDormand, Charlize Theron, Sean Penn and Ed Harris.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sig Marine,

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know
August 28, 2018, 10:51 PM
flashguy
John Wayne
Maureen O'Hara
Cary Grant
Audrey Hepburn
Bruce Willis

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth
August 28, 2018, 11:45 PM
CNYTX11
Lee Van Cleef -- Charles Bronson -- Steve McQueen __ Gary Oldman -- Tommy Lee Jones __ Javier Bardem

S&W M-66-2 (3")/ S&W M-65LS (3")/ S&W M-10 (2")/Colt Combat Commander Series 70
August 30, 2018, 05:23 PM
MikeinNC
Gary oldman
Gene Hackman
Tom Hardy
Christian Bale

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker