SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Reliable sporty vehicle for long commute?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reliable sporty vehicle for long commute? Login/Join 
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
Bought my first Subaru three or four years ago, a Crosstrek, and I am convert. In three years and 150K miles I haven’t had a lick of trouble out of it.

I am probably going to give it to my son this year before I roll it over 200K and am looking at the new Forester, possibly the sport without leather or the next model up with.

I wanted a Passport until I looked at them but they get expensive real quick and it just doesn’t make sense for me to spend $45K on a car just to beat it to death with all the miles I do.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
V6 Camry or Accord sounds about right. Budget permitting you could look at Lexus GS or BMW 5 series.

JC

Posts: 1269 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
For reliable & sporty, the first thing that came to mind was a Honda Civic Coupe. I had one that for long distance commuting. I averaged about 40 mpg.

Based on your expanded criteria in the post, I would say take a look at a Toyota FJ Cruiser. I got one to replace my Xterra and it has been my favorite vehicle. Much better than the Xterra. I was usually getting 21-23 mpg.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Mazda CX-5 carlike drive with an SUV/CUV stance

Forester XT more power & probably better ground clearance, MPG not amazing

Jeep Grand Cherokee, not sporty, but decent MPG with the V6.
Co-worker is on her 2nd, 81k on it & trouble free.

All available used/CPO at decent prices, though you'll have to go new for the CX-5 Turbo.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15285 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post