SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    "Failsafe" on TCM Tonight
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Failsafe" on TCM Tonight Login/Join 
posted
Pretty good movie adaption of the novel. B-58 Hustler goodness too.

Posts: 490 | Location: Middle Alabama | Registered: February 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
You can join Watch TCM and access any of their material for 7 days after it airs. Check it out.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Pretty much representative of the zeitgeist at that time. Seemingly inevitable in one form or another as portrayed by information/entertainment then, very disturbing to me as a kid. I don't think I'm way off in saying it was at the heart of the nihilism that was the '60's.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I just saw it again recently (on Amazon I think). I thought Walter Matthau was terrific.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6394 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post