SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Christian Music Fans Here: Who Do You Like?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Christian Music Fans Here: Who Do You Like? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
I'd say I'm a big fan of Rend Collective from Northern Ireland. We saw them in concert a few years ago and they were awesome.

This one gets a lot of airplay around my house:

Posts: 33602 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I’ll have to check them out.

I like:
Project 86
RED
Thousand Foot Krutch
Emery
Living Sacrifice
ZAO
Chevelle (started as a Christian band)
Owl City
Deas Vail
Five Iron Frenzy
Manafest

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Seawind

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Creed. Big Grin

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

Five Iron Frenzy

That is my BIL's favorite, those guys have an almost cult-like following don't they?

These guys are another one I like

Posts: 33602 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

Five Iron Frenzy

That is my BIL's favorite, those guys have an almost cult-like following don't they?

These guys are another one I like

[FLASH_VIDEO]<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" height="297" width="475"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never"></param><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IoezWBPGRAc&showsearch=0&rel=0&fs=1&autoplay=0&ap=%2526fmt%3D22" /><param value="window" /><param value="true" /><embed allowScriptAccess="never" wmode="transparent" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="297" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IoezWBPGRAc&showsearch=0&fs=1&rel=0&autoplay=0&ap=%2526fmt%3D22" width="475"></embed></object>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Their shows were a ton of fun. I am not even sure how many times I have seen them.
Dandelions is my favorite. Their live album is one of my favorites.
https://youtu.be/1zTem-KQ4Jk

Dang, just fire up the live album. It is from 1999! Feeling old.

————————————————

posted Hide Post
Crowder, Kari Jobe, Tobi Mac, Hillsong to name just a few.

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I listen to mostly worship music. Some people I really like: Hillsong, Hillsong United, Shane & Shane, almost all of the Bethel Worship artists, Chris McClarney, and Elevation Worship. I also listen to some of the Belonging Co, Jesus Culture, Mosaic, Kristian Stanfill amd Leeland. I play and lead worship at church so I'm into these artists a lot. Not a huge Rend Collective fan but we do some of theor songs. Kings Kaleidoscope is another interesting band. I don't love them but they are certainly unique.

Most of the CCM is really poppy and just cheesy cover after cover of popular songs. Can't stand most of it.

One guy that is not strictly worship that I really love is Jason Upton. Singer/songwriter, kinda folky.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Stevie Wonder.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I Am They has a fantastic album. Can’t embed on my iPad.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TUjuRFwwvaw

Also I’ve been digging the For King And Country stuff.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ghl4FKiAyGg

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stkfox:
Crowder

My wife’s favorite.

We had this sung by my brother in law (the Five Iron Frenzy nut) at our wedding:

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
After introducing my daughter to Anberlin, that's all we're allowed to listen to in the car now. I have the complete discography and she's ripped them all to her phone.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
After introducing my daughter to Anberlin, that's all we're allowed to listen to in the car now. I have the complete discography and she's ripped them all to her phone.

Forgot about them.
Ready Fuels and Paperthin Hymn, is good stuff.

————————————————

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Augustus Toplady
John Newton

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5643 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Wayne Watson
Third Day
Tobi Mac

This one has ALWAYS been an inspiration for me...

"For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?” [Esther 4:14]

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
I like just about all of those mentioned. Some of my favorites are

Third Day
For King and Country
Casting Crowns

Right now I really enjoy Josh Wilson’s song Dream Small. It gets me moving in the morning and helps me get ready for my day.

Dream Small

Posts: 1440 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Many others already listed. I’ll add: Elevation Worship, Tenth Avenue North, Matt Maher, Newsboys, Building 429...too many to list. I mostly listen to the Message channel on XM.

Michael

Posts: 1093 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Matt Maher

I personally don't find his music particularly original or catchy, but holy smokes that guy has a set of pipes.

What a voice!

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:

Most of the CCM is really poppy and just cheesy cover after cover of popular songs. Can't stand most of it.

Yep.

Turn on KLOVE and every song sounds the same to me and they play the same set of songs over and over and over. It's awful.

My sister loves that station, but I can't take it.