SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    there is a guy on Gun Smoke with a suppressor on his lever gun !
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

there is a guy on Gun Smoke with a suppressor on his lever gun ! Login/Join 
posted
He's shooting people with it and now Matt has a curfew on the whole town.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54595 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Must be only on your TV

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Yeah, you've probably got the volume turned too low.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I remember that episode from years ago.

Posts: 5615 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
It took me a minute. if the time start doesnt work, he assembles it at 3:28.

Gunsmoke, final season (1974) Episode "The Fourth Victim"

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3587 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
That was a great episode. Thanks Bendable and Redstone. Loved the "I'm Spartacus" ending. Wondering if this episode was the inspiration for No Country for Old Men.

Did make me nostalgic for the old days, simpler times. When due process came in .30.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16304 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I've seen that episode. I watch Gunsmoke everyday. Love the back and forth between Festus and Doc. I remember my mom and dad sitting on the couch laughing hysterically at some of those exchanges when gunsmoke was on in prime time and I was just a kid.

There is a Rifleman episode where they introduce forensic ballistics matching and fingerprint identification.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8522 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw that one a while back, man I never noticed the suppressor before..

On another note, did you know that Gunsmoke was filmed in UTAH? Kanab Utah to be exact.

I have been by the location and stopped to view from a distance.

You are observant to notice that.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
know that Gunsmoke was filmed in UTAH? Kanab Utah

thats my one gripe about that fine tv show,

Iv'e been through dodge city kansas three or four times, and not once !
did we go by any mountans

Posts: 54595 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
I saw that one a while back, man I never noticed the suppressor before..

On another note, did you know that Gunsmoke was filmed in UTAH? Kanab Utah to be exact.

I have been by the location and stopped to view from a distance.

You are observant to notice that.

he did not finish (Camera may have cut away too soon) putting that winchester together,

(need to screw in the mag tube on the take down models)

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I have never seen a take down model lever action .30-30, I did not know such a thing existed.

Are any made now?

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3587 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
I have never seen a take down model lever action .30-30, I did not know such a thing existed.

Are any made now?

IIRC the Savage 99 had a takedown model.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
During the early to mid '70's Hollyweird decided to clean up gun violence as seen on TV. Special interest groups were claiming there was too much violence on prime TV. The opening of Gun Smoke where Mat Dillon and the bad guy square off for a gun fight is edited. You longer would see Dillon pull and shoot.

Other Western type programming took a hit.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Original advertising for Maxim suppressors prominently featured Winchester lever actions with cans.

Here's an exceptional example.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107459 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the hollywood version ,that was seen in the Gunsmoke show looked more like a tomato paste can on the end of the gun .

but it was a very brief scene