SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bag work - Need high BPM EDM type suggestions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bag work - Need high BPM EDM type suggestions Login/Join 
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted
I'm getting back to the heavy bag and I need some new music. Generally this is "edm."

I like a wide variety, so if you like some fast music that isn't techno/edm suggest it. I just need a reliable medium high to high bpm.

Some music is too fast for a good bag rhythm, so a lot of "speed metal" is out the window. I've found KMFDM to be reliable in this regard, but most of my workout stuff falls under "edm."

Looking for suggestions that are new music, but if you've got something you like that is old, post it up anyway.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I'm a little surprised nobody got nuthin'. Should I not be?

Do you guys need me to tell you where I go for something that thumps? I thought I was old.

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I've been into triphop and similar artist for a bit,
other than a few mixes,, most are probably not as thumpy or fast as you are looking for,

Goldfrapp,
Portishead
Massive Attack
Bjork
Zero 7
JES
Kaskade

some Deadmau5 may be close,,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
I've been into triphop and similar artist for a bit,
other than a few mixes,, most are probably not as thumpy or fast as you are looking for,

Goldfrapp,
Portishead
Massive Attack
Bjork
Zero 7
JES
Kaskade

some Deadmau5 may be close,,

try this,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3ktLsEWSvA

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
If you want fast, YouTube some Renegade Hardware. Drum and bass is fast and furious.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
Arc

out of curiosity,
what did you come up with?

Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
One of our younger employees suggested Portishead.

I try to be open minded about music. I'm sure that with the correct mood enhancement chemicals I could like their music.

As it stands it had me looking for a rope and a chair to jump off of.

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Im sure theres something you will find that suits your need here. https://www.di.fm/channels

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark_a:
One of our younger employees suggested Portishead.

I try to be open minded about music. I'm sure that with the correct mood enhancement chemicals I could like their music.

As it stands it had me looking for a rope and a chair to jump off of.

it's an acquired taste Wink

found them thru a Kate Bush channel on pandora,

been digging some Trentmoller lately

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0SVCaP1TMg

Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Not into the rap and hip hop stuff. I usually have something like this on:

Aggressive Metal Workout Music:

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Have you considered Fit Radio?

It's a music streaming service designed specifically for people working out.

It's DJ spun music set to specific tempos for different types of workouts. The DJ mixing is important so that there isn't any gaps in the music, and you aren't listening to the same song for too long.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
Arc

out of curiosity,
what did you come up with?

Die Antwoord, nothing else new of note.

Arc.

posted Hide Post
Not new, but how about the Chemical Brothers? Thinking Exit Planet Dust or Dig Your Own Hole.

Posts: 36 | Location: GA | Registered: June 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
I do a lot of EBM, EDM, industrial, electroindustrial, and metal as of late.

Blackheart Revolution by Genitorturers is an AMAZING album. "Revolution" is a favorite running song.

Nachtmahr is currently a favorite for running. El Chupacabra is one of my favorite songs. Nachtmahr deserves an honorable mention as well.

Combichrist is another favorite, but there's "good" Combichrist, and "shitpost" Combichrist. If you take a listen you can pretty easily figure out which is which.

Grendel is another fav. AOTDB and Harsh Generation are AMAZING albums. In fact, Harsh Generation (the song) would probably be right in line with what you're looking for.

I'd also take a look at the various Monstercat albums.

Other honorable mentions (unless otherwise noted, they're bands):

Hanzel und Gretyl
Icon of Coil
Celldweller (chances are, you've heard his work. He does a ton of stuff that ends up in movies/TV)
Circle of Dust (same guy as above, but different style - he's a little odd but an amazing musician)
"The Great Depression" by Aesthetic Perfection
"Many Thanks" and "Bang Your Head" by Dope Stars Inc.
Die Krupps
"A to A and D to D" by X-RX
Flesh Field
"Colossus" by Zircon
Heldsmaschine
Flesh Field
The Prodigy
Delta Heavy
"Nocturnal" and "Paradigm" by Leslie Wai
Bassnectar
Pendulum
Knife Party (it's Pendulum doing EDM, basically)
Infected Mushroom
Glitch Mob
Juno Reactor
MDMFK
Emigrate
Eisbrecher

It might not be exactly what you're looking for on the nose, but it should hopefully get you started.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted:
Not new, but how about the Chemical Brothers? Thinking Exit Planet Dust or Dig Your Own Hole.

Good stuff.

quote:
Originally posted by vulrath:

I'll have to go through these, I see some familiar faces. Juno Reactor, and MDMFK for starters. KMFDM is oldly similar to MDMFK... Hmm...

Arc.

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Chevelle
Five-Finger Death Punch
Breaking Benjamin
Bad Wolves

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
So you want more EDM or you want something different?

Went through my latest playlist and this is the only one that might fit the bill.

La Ciudad by ODESZA

Found another.

The Darkness remix by Built By Titan

Posts: 11152 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
quote:
Originally posted by Ted:

Good stuff.

quote:
Originally posted by vulrath:

I'll have to go through these, I see some familiar faces. Juno Reactor, and MDMFK for starters. KMFDM is oldly similar to MDMFK... Hmm...

It's the same people. KMFDM is the original band - they went and dipped back into their rock roots during a hiatus.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: vulrath,

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I know, I have all of KMFDM's albums, but just the first MDMFK. Which I bought as a CD, like, at a store, when it came out.

Hard to beat KMFDM for album art.

Arc.