Find
Notify
Tools

Apple TV+ Login/Join 
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted
Since I purchased a new iPhone, I got one year free access to Apple TV+. I've got to say the interface (through Roku) is very klunky, and there's not very much original content there right now. But "the Morning Show" and "For All Mankind" are better than I expected and worth the time if you have access.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Really? For All Mankind looked like a giant SJW/Gurl Power wet dream to me. Confused

Posts: 33606 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I loathe streaming due to the audio compression. 86’d on this deal. Maybe if they make it like cable/satellite with full channels, menu guide, and fix the compression that plagues every streaming service in existence.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I have a Apple TV box and it seems to work just fine for me - I probably watch 95% of everything off the Apple platform and am thinking about getting rid of Dish

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Really? For All Mankind looked like a giant SJW/Gurl Power wet dream to me. Confused

Yeah, it started out pretty good but it's morphed into that girly thing you describe.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
I loathe streaming due to the audio compression. 86’d on this deal. Maybe if they make it like cable/satellite with full channels, menu guide, and fix the compression that plagues every streaming service in existence.

There are some articles that point out the service is using a 20+Mbps with audio at 384Kbps. Same rate as a HD Blu-ray or half of a UHD Blu-ray data rate.

The content that I have been watching on my Samsung 4K seems to be outstanding quality and no pixelation.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post