SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    fleabag / detectorists - on amazon prime
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

fleabag / detectorists - on amazon prime Login/Join 
california
tumbles into the sea
posted
Signed up for my amazon prime 30 day free trial in order to see the last two Downton Abbey seasons as the library wait list would have taken ages, and I wanted to complete the series before I saw the movie. Saw fleabag mentioned in another forum's amazon prime thread and it's hilarious. Only two seasons so it goes quickly.

Brings up the question [ if the priest sees her breaking the fourth wall, is he breaking the 5th? ].

detectorists. Toby Jones ( great in The Mist ). Another great watch.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tks for the heads up on the Detectorists, I loved that show.

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I tried 2 episodes of fleabag...

The format of sharing her thoughts during the scenes didn't do it for me.

I don't know about you, but I don't want to know what a crazy women thinks...

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3456 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Bumping an old thread. I binged Fleabag the last two nights and loved it. While breaking the fourth wall has been done many many times before, I loved how it was done in long takes without cut aways in the middle of dialog, and done multiple times in a row.

Seems it took several years to make two seasons, so it's probably done and probably wrapped up nicely enough, but I'd love to see more. I will certainly look for Phoebe Waller-Bridge in other projects.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Absolutely loved it. Had to get past the first episode or so, and it really took off for me. Yup,it’s done.
I’ll have to check out detectorist though- thanks.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
While we are on this subject... is there anyway to Amazone Prime videos on Roku? I just can't seem to manage it....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
While we are on this subject... is there anyway to Amazone Prime videos on Roku? I just can't seem to manage it....

I just added the app (or channel) I think, or maybe it was pre-installed, I can't really remember.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
My Wife and I really liked "Detectorists". Quirky, smart and funny.

Though, after seeing the show, now I can't dispose of the problem magpies here.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Loved Detectorists. Very calming. Dry, witty humor.

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
The wife and I made it through about the first five minutes of "Fleabag" before switching away to Detectorists.

I don't consider ourselves as prudes, but c'mon! If the authoress wanted to start with a shocking scenario, congratulations, she achieved that. We just don't want to see/hear about certain sexual acts.

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1589 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:

I just added the app (or channel) I think, or maybe it was pre-installed, I can't really remember.

This.

I think it is preloaded. You may have hidden the tile when you set up your Roku homepage. Add it in and start it up and you should only need the login once.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I could not go beyond Episode 3 in season 1. Although the show was well done, I could not identify with the main character. Or, maybe I identified too much.
Either way it was not for me. Good acting.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the shit out of Fleabag. Laughed a lot.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
I enjoyed the shit out of Fleabag. Laughed a lot.
I couldn't stop watching. Quite a few lol moments.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I binged it over two days in between things.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
I am missing the point!

Would someone be kind enough to explain where's the fun in the Detectorists?

Well aware it sounds stupid and that it shouldn't require an explanation.

I am somewhere between ep2 and 3 and still not finding it particularly funny.

Usually I enjoy british humor very much.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Very dry, very subtle. Not a "comedy" where you will be laughing at your screen.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Thank you, cas.

I wondered how the detectorists and fleabag ended in the same thread, being almost opposite types of humor.

Am alternating episodes of both series, starting with fleabag.
It produces a screetching halt when i get to the Detectorists but also erases the wicked smile from my face. It's more practical and civilized Big Grin

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
I don't know about you, but I don't want to know what a crazy women thinks...

It's impossible to know how non-crazy women think so trying to figure out the crazy ones .... ? Eek

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
I loved Fleabag, but I doubt my wife would.
I told my BIL about it, he and his wife didn't like it.
Never seen or even heard of detectorists.

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post