SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    telescopers that have cell phones , Have you seen this?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

telescopers that have cell phones , Have you seen this? Login/Join 
posted
I did not know this existed ,pretty cool .

helps you locate outer space stuff

https://youtu.be/aszmjs6gwtQ

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54600 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
That is really cool.

Posts: 7520 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought so,
I wanted one of those scope until they said that everything thing you see is inverted .

The digiscoping stuff has me curious.

Posts: 54600 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I wanted one of those scope until they said that everything thing you see is inverted .

If I may ask, why is an inverted (and possibly also flipped) view a problem?

Posts: 7348 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The primary digiscoping I would be doing would be wildlife .

With a $200.00 ,point and shoot camera.

I've never taken pictures upside down before ,
I am just guessing that it could present challenges

Especially if one would want to include landscape.

I could be wrong

Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
My mistake. I thought this was for "outer space stuff".
You are correct though. I had a neighbor over who saw my dobsonians and thought they might make a good spotting scope for long range shooting.
If they are all in the bullseye, yeah. Otherwise it would present some complications, for most anyway.

Posts: 7348 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I night take a dozen pictures of the moon ,but that isall the outer space I could imagine shooting.

I know a couple of people get all kinds of giddy when they locate a blue and pink colored dot , or
a greenish dot with a white dot next to it,
But
I don't "get it".

I used to go to the University of Iowa observatory , as a teenager.

They would use their giant scope and show us very clear views of a lot of very cool stuff.

That was facinating experiance.

Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
That is really cool. I took a quick look to see if I could buy that mount for my telescope. Man that would be a cool upgrade.

I see the celestron through the lens mount , but would like to try it using the alignment tool.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
The systems as reviewed are very crude approaches to doing what Go-To or Push-To mounts accomplish in a much better (and more expensive) way.
Nor are these scopes ideal for terrestrial use. For one, they are open on the end, unlike spotting scopes.
So not ideal for digiscoping either.
A spotting scope and a mount for a smart phone would be much better for digiscoping.

Posts: 18042 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are Android phones ,smart phones ?