SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Scary movies.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scary movies. Login/Join 
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR025:
quote:
Originally posted by the Hudge:
Event Horizon; evil scary.

This, scariest movie I've ever seen

+2

I was also rather terrified when seeing the 28 days later in theaters.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
I dont think entire movies are scary for me. Certain scenes though will get me. The Conjuring 2 has the flashlight scene with the nun.

The Fogs original version had some good scenes.
The first Friday the 13th was great because I never expected the mom to be the killer.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3862 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
The Exorcist.

All the things the nuns told me in grade school are true!

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1598 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Decent (2005)

Yes, The Descent (2005) is pretty decent.

Smile

(It's freaky as fuck, really, and quite well done I thought)

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Morgan:
The first Friday the 13th was great because I never expected the mom to be the killer.

Gee, post a spoiler alert. It's not worth seeing now! Big Grin

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tk13:
quote:

Too funny. I actually hadn't watched the movie in like 30 years and re-watched it recently. I had totally forgotten about the Mom angle...

------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjkroll32:
quote:
Originally posted by SR025:
quote:
Originally posted by the Hudge:
Event Horizon; evil scary.

This, scariest movie I've ever seen

+2

+3

I consider it the scariest movie I've seen.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
quote:

Originally posted by Sig209:
Too funny. I actually hadn't watched the movie in like 30 years and re-watched it recently. I had totally forgotten about the Mom angle.

'50s actress Betsy Palmer only took that role because she needed money for a new car. She thought that her role would be long forgotten in an unknown cheapie horror flick - if she only knew at that time the power that cable TV, home video, and franchising would have on a certain generation of people.

She did suggest to director Sean Cunningham that she should appear in an earlier scene to give the audience a chance to guess who the killer is. His reply was essentially, "Eh, nobody will care."

Posts: 5583 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry about giving away the ending. As an aside I never expected Donald Pleasence to die in Halloween 2.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3862 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
quote:
Originally posted by tk13:
quote:

Too funny. I actually hadn't watched the movie in like 30 years and re-watched it recently. I had totally forgotten about the Mom angle...

------------------------

I noticed something watching the movie on TV, I believe TBS that the censors seemed to have missed. When they are swimming and later standing on the dock, one of the male actors, I believe Mr. Bacon, has a definite chubby.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post