SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bodyguard(BBC) Just Added To Neflix
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bodyguard(BBC) Just Added To Neflix Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radinski:
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
The Ma'am sounding like Mum thing was throwing me off, too. It always does.

Same here. But in episode 1 he says he took the kids to visit his "mum" and there wasn't any difference in inflection or tone that I could detect. Hence why I stay confused.

edit - I thought it was a very good series. An earlier comment about "the same old Jack Bauer trust story line" concerned me but I thought the plot worked nicely.

Same thing as listening to someone from Boston talking about beers and bears. Can never really understanding which one he's watching.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
My wife and I just started it tonight. The first 10-15 minutes I had to roll my eyes but it seems to have gotten better the last half.

Posts: 1440 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I watched all six episodes the past two days. Do you remember McKayla Maroney, the 'not impressed' gymnast from the 2012 London Olympics?

Do you remember what lead up to her infamous podium scene? Maroney was to-the-next-level on the Vault event. When she was on, no one else was close. The rest of her competition knew they were competing for second place. She did a vault in the Team Final that was so good, it literally dropped the jaws on some of the judges.

Naturally, she's the favorite in the individual Vault Final. Her first vault was not as perfect as the one she did in the Team Final, but it was still good enough to put her comfortably in the lead. All she had to do was a pull off a relatively easy (by her standards) second vault, and the Gold would be hers. But this happened.

And that analogy sums up my review of Bodyguard. The first three episodes are terrific. The drama, tension, and sense of urgency put 24 at its peak to shame. The plot is complicated and full of nuance. It's never clear who can and can't be trusted. At some points I wondered if the protagonist, David, might turn out to be the bad guy after all.

Ep 1-3 had me engrossed. Ep 4 dipped but was still good. Ep 5 started to seriously unravel. Ep 6 was a travesty. The season ends as if it had a 10-episode story arc but then the network pulled the plug on it after Ep 5 and said, "You get one more episode to wrap everything up."

The plot and loose ends tie up in Ep 6 as if it were written by a 12 y/o. It almost makes me angry how much better the series could have been if not for Ep 6. It's stupid bad. It debatably would have been better if it had one of those, 'It was all a dream' resolutions.

I've never been to England, so I won't criticize too much, but I agree w/ CoolRich59 in that the high number of women in SWAT roles, EOD, detectives, executive protection, police chiefs, etc, seemed way out of consistency w/ real life. The show gives the impression that half of LE in London is female.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
I watched all 6 episodes, and thought it was a good series. From the discussions we have on the forum I am suprised a show came out of the BBC that didn't portray muslims as the religion of peace.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1881 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nobody mentioned it, but it looks like to me the police SWAT teams are using Sig MCX's?

James

We the unappreciated
must do the unimaginable
and see the unthinkable
to protect the ungrateful

Posts: 801 | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by depusm12:
Nobody mentioned it, but it looks like to me the police SWAT teams are using Sig MCX's?

The MCX makes many appearances in use by the SWAT team operators and the AFOs (Authorized Firearm Officer) in the ARVs (Armed Response Vehicle).

The character who commits suicide does so w/ a P228.
Towards the end of Ep 6, PS Budd points a P226 at his his conspirators.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Bodyguard

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Wrapped it up last night. Enjoyed the series.
Last episode was intense.

RE: MCX, Budd mentions it in the first episode on the train, something to the effect that the bullet would go through both of them if they fired.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15153 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Just finished the series.
Really liked it alot and I generally don't care for limey shows.

as for:
quote:
The plot and loose ends tie up in Ep 6 as if it were written by a 12 y/o. It almost makes me angry how much better the series could have been if not for Ep 6. It's stupid bad. It debatably would have been better if it had one of those, 'It was all a dream' resolutions.

Roll Eyes

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
We finished it up last night and really enjoyed it.
I too noticed the overwhelmingly female in lead roles. Also do the Brits refer to Arabs and Middle Easterners as Asians? I found that kind of strange in their descriptions of the terrorists.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fvyellowbird
posted Hide Post
The ‘middle east’ is a political term, that whole area is a part of Asia. I think most everywhere but here refers to it/them as Asia/Asians.

Hell, is other people! J-P S

Posts: 1140 | Location: St Simons Island, Georgia USA! | Registered: October 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
I've never been to England, so I won't criticize too much, but I agree w/ CoolRich59 in that the high number of women in SWAT roles, EOD, detectives, executive protection, police chiefs, etc, seemed way out of consistency w/ real life. The show gives the impression that half of LE in London is female.

UK tv/movies have a near or, over 50:50 ratio of females/males in authoritative/lead roles along with a heavy multi-racial, pan-sexual cast. While I get that parts of London and other UK urban areas have ethnic enclaves, if you didn't know any better, you'd think that the entire country is this mixed-up, when it couldn't be further from the truth.

While I enjoyed the Bodyguard to a point, I found the Norwegian show Occupied (Netflix) a better show.

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just completed episode two. So far, outstanding. Very intense. Better than "24" at it's best.

Posts: 1042 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I just re-signed up for Netflix and came across this series. I thought overall it was very good, hard to understand the accent at times. The whole mum/ma'am thing, and I still cannot get used to seeing the driver exit the passenger side. Smile

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:

UK tv/movies have a near or, over 50:50 ratio of females/males in authoritative/lead roles along with a heavy multi-racial, pan-sexual cast. While I get that parts of London and other UK urban areas have ethnic enclaves, if you didn't know any better, you'd think that the entire country is this mixed-up, when it couldn't be further from the truth.

While I enjoyed the Bodyguard to a point, I found the Norwegian show Occupied (Netflix) a better show.

watch River next,

excellent 6 episode (and done) Show

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Watched the first two episodes last night and it drew me right in. Think I'll enjoy the rest of it.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I found it enjoyable.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
I appreciate threads like this. I'm so indecisive when scrolling through the offerings. 'My List' is ridiculously long and those are movies the caught my interest. When I want to watch a movie, I'll take a suggestion and take the overthinking right out of the equation.

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Saw this bumped & thought there was a new season. Bummer.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15153 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Finished it last night. A good series. I like a one season series like this.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
While watching I can't get this Post " Yes, Mum
Hello Mum
No, Mum
Mum
Mum"
Out of my mine. Great show.

Posts: 493 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post