SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bodyguard(BBC) Just Added To Neflix
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bodyguard(BBC) Just Added To Neflix Login/Join 
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted
The BBC series Bodyguard was just added to live streaming on Netflix. From what I have seen of the first episode, it looks good.

This was the trailer that hooked me:

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
I was listening to PBS (I know, why?) and they did a short review about it. They said it was very popular on BBC, and should be over here.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow. That looks really good.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I'm watching episode four now.

Pretty good.

Rob Stark does a good job.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Needs to work on his J turns a bit.....

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15695 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
Just watched all six episodes today. I liked it.

Posts: 8272 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watching it now. It’s good.

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Is it common for a vet like him to have the opinion he does of the minister? Or are they trying to make a statement?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, Mum
Hello Mum
No, Mum
Mum
Mum

Outside of that nuance in their English language, it's not bad, I'm enjoying it so far.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
Yes, Mum
Hello Mum
No, Mum
Mum
Mum

Outside of that nuance in their English language, it's not bad, I'm enjoying it so far.

He's saying Ma'am, not Mum.

Posts: 8272 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Another show with a who's watching the watchers theme. And while the show overall was pretty decent, it was tiring to see the same old Jack Bauer trust story line used again. After all the good Jack does, one little misunderstanding and Jack is mistakenly considered a traitor. Time and again. Hate that story line now.

If we assume people are corruptible. And the government / big business have all the tools to watch people, who's watching government (or at least the corrupt in the government)? A thought came to mind while watching - is VOIP/LTE easier to tap and monitor than the old fashioned phone system? If so, is there motivation for gov and biz to drive VOIP/LTE and obsolete the old telco system?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
We finished watching the series last night and thought it was very good. The sixth (last) episode is particularly good - if it doesn't tighten up your asshole then nothing probably will. Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
will likely watch it this week,,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by houndawg:
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
Yes, Mum
Hello Mum
No, Mum
Mum
Mum

He's saying Ma'am, not Mum.

He's saying ma'am however it sounds (to American English ears) like Mum. One of the many language oddities between the two cultures.

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I watched it over the weekend. I enjoyed it. I hope they are planning a 2nd series.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
The Ma'am sounding like Mum thing was throwing me off, too. It always does.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
quote:

You got some Mas Huevos! I was halfway through the first episode and suffering from hypertension! Man that guy is five turns past wound-too-tight!

“The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, and intolerable...”
― H.L. Mencken

-All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Posts: 4801 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of radinski
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
The Ma'am sounding like Mum thing was throwing me off, too. It always does.

Same here. But in episode 1 he says he took the kids to visit his "mum" and there wasn't any difference in inflection or tone that I could detect. Hence why I stay confused.

edit - I thought it was a very good series. An earlier comment about "the same old Jack Bauer trust story line" concerned me but I thought the plot worked nicely.

Posts: 272 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: January 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
/// thread drift-rant on ///

Sorry for the drift, but I didn't want to start a whole new thread.

I just started watching this series and can't help but wonder who passed a law that each movie/tv show has to have women either in charge or in prominent roles of police forces? I've been seeing it more and more, and Bodyguard is the most ridiculous example I've seen yet.

In the initial terrorist scene on the train, the leader of the Brit "SWAT" team is a woman, the "SWAT" sniper is a woman, and the explosives expert is a woman. Seriously?

This looks like a pretty good show, but this politically correct stuff is so unrealistic that it distracts me from enjoying the show.

///// thread drift-rant off ///

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DetonicsMk6:
quote:

You got some Mas Huevos! I was halfway through the first episode and suffering from hypertension! Man that guy is five turns past wound-too-tight!
The Home Minister did her best to help him unwind a little. Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post