SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Congrats Saturday Night Live... you finally did it...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Congrats Saturday Night Live... you finally did it... Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
For years I have wondered why I bother to watch this show, its terrible liberal slant, but mostly its just not funny. I usually wind up fast forwarding to the news segment, which can be funny, if still liberal, and then not watching anything after that.

But after the Kanye pro Trump speech last week, this week they did a segment in the news with Pete Davidson. He proceeded to apologize basically for anyone having to hear that, how horrible it was for Kanye to say what he felt, and how terrible it was that the viewers delicate ears had to hear something pro-Trump.

Then he started off on how someone like Kanye should keep his mouth shut about politics. Now I don't give a shit about Kanye either way. However, the hypocrisy of hearing this drug addled douchebag lecture anyone on why they shouldn't be able to speak was too much. Fuck these assholes. I hit delete and cancelled the series recording. I am finally done with this turd of a show. Like I said, should have done it years ago, but this was just too damn much.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I used to watch them faihfully. Years ago.
Now I watch the replays of Waters, Gutfeld, and Pirro around that time slot.

Too bad. Some of the SNL players are quite talented. But the material they do now is not funny. Stupid is not funny. And political, liberal, is disgusting.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I gave up in utter disgust mid-2017 when it became the "Shit On Trump Show".

If they think this show is going to survive on smearing the Trump administration in 80% of the sketches, they are dead wrong.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Davidson is an idiot. He's mentally ill (facially he looks it), having admitted as much, enjoys his pot way too much and now that he's engaged to that strumpet that got felt-up by a paster at Aretha Franklin's memorial, thinks he's all-that and a bag of chips. The SNL bridge was bombed long time ago, this is par for the course for them.

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I haven't watched it since Mr. Robinson's Neighborhood last played.

"Kill, kill, kill the landlord"

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
They have their moments. The Tom Brady "how to avoid workplace sexual harassment" was pure gold. but I cant stomach an actual show anymore. just too much stupid.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3576 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Fuck these assholes. I hit delete and cancelled the series recording. I am finally done with this turd of a show. Like I said, should have done it years ago, but this was just too damn much.

What took you so long? Razz

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^
Yeah! I quit watching SNL about 1980.

Even Chevy Chase was hard to take.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Just another example of "Whitesplaining"

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2380 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Pete, you ignorant misguided cuck. Who did you sleep with to get your job anyway.

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I stopped watching when they went full on TDS.

I bet this clown still loves his Hillary tattoo Razz What a fool.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3458 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
This season was the end for me. At one time they made a half-assed effort to be balanced. No more.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
^^^^^^^
Yeah! I quit watching SNL about 1980.

Even Chevy Chase was hard to take.

^This

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5643 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I guess I really quit watching at the exact moment I got a car in 1979.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7232 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
late 70's, sucked. 80's, sucked. 90's, couldn't take the suck anymore.

I will say that in 82 or 83 I was in Chicago and went to the 2nd city club. 3 guy's & 1 girl. No props except a couple of chairs. Best live show of any kind I've ever seen. The level of talent was off the charts.

There were pictures of past performers all over the walls. A veritable who's who of SNL stars. My dad told me that 2nd city was kind of a launching pad to SNL. I remember wondering how people that came through there suddenly became unfunny...

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I don't give a shit about their politics. Besides, it's based in NYC, what else do you expect?

It's still plenty funny most of the time, and always has been, through each and every cast.

My sense of humor is plenty flexible, thanks. I can and do laugh at just about any subject.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the bit about the Alexa for senior citizens, that responds to any name similar to Alexa. Don't know any of their names but the black guy cracks me up. He always has a twinkle in his eye like he knows the next funny line is right around the corner.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I honestly cannot recall the last time I watched SNL, probably sporadically in the 80's when they went through the "good cast/bad cast" volley but had a few bright moments

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And now Davidson's on the news complaining that he's being "bullied" online.

After the shit he's said and "he's being bullied"

I really can't understand how you can be so detached from reality Frown.......what an asshole.

Whiny little asshole.

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:
I honestly cannot recall the last time I watched SNL, probably sporadically in the 80's when they went through the "good cast/bad cast" volley but had a few bright moments

agreed

SNL has ALWAYS been hit-or-miss

one skit would be great followed by two bad ones... but there were some real gems in there

now though - this going back like 15 years - it is just unwatchable

-----------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post