SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Your Christmas Eve Movie?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your Christmas Eve Movie? Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted
Our Christmas Eve movie has traditionally been It's A Wonderful Life, but we've kinda burned out on that after 24 years, so this year it's A Christmas Story. Do you have a Christmas Eve movie tradition?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
The Family Man with Nicolas Cage and Tea Leoni

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
It’s a Wonderful Life and Christmas Vacation

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
The Ref

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Not a tradition, but this year it was Die Hard.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No traditional movie here either, just finishing the last season of Longmire.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
When our kids were little my wife made us all watch Prancer.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just watched, Why, Him?, it's ok. There's some funny moments but, like much of Franco's movies, they end up bottoming-out. Bryan Cranston plays...Bryan Cranston.

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shotcaller

Posts: 395 | Registered: June 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trapped in Paradise

Posts: 3580 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Nightmare before Christmas and/or die hard.

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Die Hard and Christmas Vacation

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cazio:
No traditional movie here either, just finishing the last season of Longmire.

Same here, but I'm in the third season of Breaking Bad.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
This year it was Scrooged.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of taco68
posted Hide Post
Not a tradition, but we watched "Bad Santa".

Sigs P-220, P-226 9mm, & P-230SL (CCW)

Posts: 2539 | Location: Icebox of the Nation | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Not a specific movie/night tradition, but over the holidays the must watch in any order are:

The Nativity
Christmas Carol
It's a Wonderful Life
Christmas Vacation
Christmas Story
Just Friends
Four Christmases
Fred Claus
Love Actually
Charlie Brown and other Animated

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orive 8:

I feel like I'll be in the minority here, but I love this movie. Watched it yesterday and finished the night up with Bad Santa.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wilberforce
posted Hide Post
This year it was Home Alone & Christmas Vacation

---------------
"Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruning hooks into spears; let the weak say, “I am a warrior.”
--Joel 3:10, ESV

Posts: 186 | Location: North Texas | Registered: December 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I am a leaf
on the wind...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Huffman:
quote:

I feel like I'll be in the minority here, but I love this movie. Watched it yesterday and finished the night up with Bad Santa.

Not with me, the wife and I love this movie.
"Do i get a receipt or something?"

Posts: 2117 | Location: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: August 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
quote:

There's a similar film that also came out in 2000 that I liked better than The Family Man - the Australian film Me Myself I starring Rachel Griffiths. I also liked it more than the similarly themed 1998 Gwyneth Paltrow flick, Sliding Doors. Granted, Me Myself I is centered around a woman instead of a guy, and it's not a Christmas movie.

Rachel Griffiths plays a successful single magazine writer who has a nonexistent love life. On her 30th birthday, she enters a parallel dimension where she ended up marrying her high school sweetheart and raised a family. Like in Family Man, the protagonist has to navigate her way in learning how to deal with her new life.

The reason I like this film more than Family Man is that the storytelling is not as heavy handed, there is no stereotypical "mystical black person" that facilitates the events and shows the protagonist the way, and the story doesn't take sides saying one life is better than the other. I found that all very refreshing. Plus, Rachel Griffiths is such a talented and comely actress that deserves much more recognition.

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post