SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Rally car drivers are impressive, but the navigators are unreal!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rally car drivers are impressive, but the navigators are unreal! Login/Join 
Inject yourself!
posted
As I watch rally racing through the years, and the huge improvement with in car cameras, I’m amazed at the skill of the navigator.

The drivers are impressive, and it’s 100% a team effort. Watching the navigator flip through a notebook of hand written notes while the car is bouncing around inches off a rock wall? That is just amazing.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8342 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
It’s all about timing too. Be out of sync and give the driver the call too early or too late and you’re both screwed. Eek

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Yep, 100% team effort.

Posts: 8342 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
The commentary was always incredible. Fucking navigator knows the corner within inches andtbere are bushes, trees, etc right there.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12614 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Possible NSFW-Language

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?...4U&feature=emb_title

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15246 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Big Grin That was hilarious

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
I love that video. I can't show my wife though because it might might be construed as a desire for more "guidance" on the road. Big Grin

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Now that you say that, it's surprising to me that there aren't more husband/wife rally teams out there.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
My best friend's parents rallied together for a decade in the 60's in a VW bug and original Mini.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Haha!

This or SCORR would be dream job!

Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I found this a good explanation of the notes the navigator is calling out. It makes sense now, but it was always hard to understand from in car audio.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9q7EYVJL9XU

Novice Elk Harvester
Picture of ronnied316
posted Hide Post
Every time I think about WRC navigators, I think of poor, poor Timo.

"SUCCESS only comes before WORK in the dictionary"

Posts: 412 | Location: Kitsap Peninsula, WA | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post