SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Anybody Else Watching The Man in the High Castle?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody Else Watching The Man in the High Castle? Login/Join 
Picture of just1tym
posted
I'm not sure if it's exclusively an Amazon Prime show but started watching it last night. It was kinda hard wrapping my head around America divided into three parts with the Japanese owning the western Pacific lands and the Nazi's owning the eastern lands off the east coast with neutral land in the middle. It was kinda strange to follow the plot in the beginning with the brutality of both the Japanese and the Nazi's against Americans in an alternate universe where America lost WWII and both these countries took stakes in the US following this tragic loss. Strangely what is surfacing is films depicting America actually winning the war?? And of course the two powers of Japan and the Nazi's are out to exterminate those films and anyone associated with their distribution. It's strange to say the least. I'm undecided but will watch a few more episodes.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Man in the High Castle

There were discussions here on this as it was unfolding season by season, try searching on Karmanator search tool.

Generally speaking I think everyone enjoyed it. I did, we started watching on the recommendation of one of my owners. It is a little hard to get your head around parts of it, but a decent drama/tension show. Don't be disappointed when the end feels a little rushed/clipped/hurried, or whatever we call it.

I think this is the default expectation now for projects like this by Netflix/AMZN. They spend the energy and money on writing and production while it's hot and bringing in new customers but none of these will last beyond 3-4 years and they will kill them unceremoniously. Just enjoy the ride I guess.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Overall, I enjoyed it.
The ending, I agree with above, a bit 'rushed'.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Big thumbs up. I enjoyed greatly.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I finished binging it and though fiction I still caught myself impacted by the Japanese lining up Americans and shooting them down on the streets, and wasn't to keen on the destruction of the Statue of Liberty. Oddly affected by these scenes even as being fictional. Amazon highly advertised previews of this series so that had an allure.

I'm just neutral with my opinion. I'd guess too that it may have something to do with being on the pandemic lockdown. I'm leaning towards more cheerful scenarios lately, with dashes of hope, faith and feel good stuff. Since I'm retired I'm kinda more homebound anyway so being cooped up is compounding my outlook also.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^
Yea, I mostly did a browser search prior to binging to get some background. I also thought Alexa Davalos had like a Terry Farell from DS9 kinda look in the first few episodes.

Regards, Will G.

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Lots of spoilers in those threads.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I saw the first couple of seasons last year, then took a break from it and came back to watch the rest of it this last spring before the lockdown started. I liked it. I've always been a sucker for alternate-timeline stories. Never read the book, but I may yet get around to it.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post