SIGforum
History channel show Six

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/7210020244

May 20, 2018, 08:36 PM
Lord Vaalic
History channel show Six
I see the ads for season 2 of this show, never heard of it before. How was the first season? Is it worth watching?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day
May 20, 2018, 08:40 PM
DSgrouse
this is the seal team six show? If so, I could not make it past episode 2 the first season. It bugged me that they stereotyped these guys as loose cannons with abuse, drinking, or moral issues.

If it was a documentary about a specific mission, person, or something like that, good bad or indifferent i probably would have enjoyed it. Seeing one more Hollywood bullshit session about our armed forces was just not on my wish list of things to do.
May 21, 2018, 08:38 PM
bubbatime
I liked season one and can't wait for season two.

May 22, 2018, 10:50 AM
Orive 8
I watched season one, it was OK. I'll watch season two.

When the CBS show SEAL Team started, I was thinking ok, nothing special. But I liked it more and more towards the end.

I liked The Brave the best, but it has been cancelled. So what do I know... Wink

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.
May 22, 2018, 10:57 AM
parabellum
If it's on the History Channel, it can't have anything to do with history. That ship has sailed.
May 22, 2018, 11:24 AM
RogueJSK
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
It bugged me that they stereotyped these guys as loose cannons with abuse, drinking, or moral issues.

That may not be too far from the truth in parts of the NSW community...

https://sofrep.com/79161/wild-...ermeates-seal-teams/

quote:
Sources within the Special Operations community have described a situation to SOFREP in which SEAL Team Six operators are routinely high on drugs while conducting highly dangerous direct action missions while deployed abroad. Operators are known to abuse methamphetamine and other uppers on a regular basis during combat operations. The use of cocaine and methamphetamine is also quite common while re-deployed back to the United States.

What is worse than drug use is the criminal culture that has come to dominate Naval Special Warfare’s most elite unit, a culture that not only tolerates drug use but also money laundering, unethical behavior, corruption, and war crimes

https://news.usni.org/2018/05/...vestigation-underway

quote:
Ten enlisted Navy SEALs and a sailor who supported Navy special warfare are in the process of being administratively discharged from the service for testing positive for cocaine or methamphetamines

May 22, 2018, 11:25 AM
Ronin1069
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
It bugged me that they stereotyped these guys as loose cannons with abuse, drinking, or moral issues.

https://www.military.com/daily...ug-tests-report.html

Yep.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
May 22, 2018, 12:19 PM
szuppo
Another SEAL story..... I wish they would all go away.

Semper Fi
May 22, 2018, 12:37 PM
DSgrouse
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

quote:
Sources within the Special Operations community have described a situation to SOFREP in which SEAL Team Six operators are routinely high on drugs while conducting highly dangerous direct action missions while deployed abroad. Operators are known to abuse methamphetamine and other uppers on a regular basis during combat operations. The use of cocaine and methamphetamine is also quite common while re-deployed back to the United States.

What is worse than drug use is the criminal culture that has come to dominate Naval Special Warfare’s most elite unit, a culture that not only tolerates drug use but also money laundering, unethical behavior, corruption, and war crimes

https://news.usni.org/2018/05/...vestigation-underway

quote:
Ten enlisted Navy SEALs and a sailor who supported Navy special warfare are in the process of being administratively discharged from the service for testing positive for cocaine or methamphetamines

if it were a documentry it would be one thing, and something i would watch. making up more shit to spew out across the world is not needed
May 24, 2018, 09:38 AM
CQB60
I saw you noted the show the Brave. I watched some of the latest episodes recently. Too bad it was canceled as it was just catching its stride...
quote:
Originally posted by Orive 8:

When the CBS show SEAL Team started, I was thinking ok, nothing special. But I liked it more and more towards the end.

I liked The Brave the best, but it has been cancelled. So what do I know... Wink

May 24, 2018, 12:09 PM
ChicagoSigMan
When they started, I thought The Brave was the best of the three, then Six, and I thought SEAL Team was cheesy.

As the season progressed, I totally changed my mind. SEAL Team became my favorite. It's not Shakespeare, but it's entertaining and reasonably well done. The Brave was also good - I wish it was coming back for another season. SIX became my least favorite, although I will probably DVR it and watch it when I can't sleep late at night.
May 29, 2018, 01:45 PM
Orive 8
Watched Season Two episode 1 last night, I liked it.

The new guy that joined the team is a hoot Big Grin

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.
May 29, 2018, 02:49 PM
mbinky
quote:
The new guy that joined the team is a hoot

He reminds me of Dewey from Justified lol.
May 29, 2018, 03:23 PM
lkdr1989
SIX was ok, SEAL Team is pretty good - they have great technical advisors - firearms seem pretty consistent & accurate from what I've read.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV
May 29, 2018, 04:41 PM
CQB60
The new guy does remind one of Dewey Crow...

May 29, 2018, 08:37 PM
corsair
There doesn't need to be anymore SEAL shows.
May 30, 2018, 02:46 AM
Gustofer
I don't mind the show. It's entertaining not unlike Valor. Both somewhat realistic but not really. Lots of CGI and BS like tonights episode of taking shots from moving helicopters and hitting the guy square in the forehead. But, hey...I'm looking to be entertained and follow a story line, not watch a real life documentary on SEAL team operations.

May 30, 2018, 09:05 AM
smschulz
quote:
Originally posted by szuppo:
Another SEAL story..... I wish they would all go away.

Well, there are always those dancin' and singin' shows. Eek
May 30, 2018, 09:07 AM
smschulz
quote:
Originally posted by Orive 8:

Same here > I really liked the Brave the best over Seal Team albeit has improved greatly, Six has it's moments.
May 30, 2018, 09:21 AM
urbanwarrior238
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
If it's on the History Channel, it can't have anything to do with history. That ship has sailed.

DITTO. Ancient Aliens, Search for Big Foot, Insert silly search for/reality show ________ here. Rare to find anything g good on History Channel anymore.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member