SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    "The Godfather" cast interview.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"The Godfather" cast interview. Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted
It's been 45 years since the first one!

If you're as big a fan of these movies as I am, then you will want to watch these.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/ue4qujKQDes

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/HU8iBnawgkQ

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15477 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed it, but I thought the moderator interrupted too much and DeNiro barely spoke.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Yes, the moderator should have done less talking. I've heard several people say--no references, just rumors--that DeNiro (although one of the greatest actors of our age) is as dumb as a box of rocks, so maybe it was good that he didn't say much.

Also, what's up with Pacino's hair? Are he and Lil' Kim using the same hairdresser? Big Grin

Did you notice the bowl of oranges on the coffee table? That was cool!

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15477 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
If you ever listen to the man speak, without a script in front of him, he is almost incoherent.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
If you ever listen to the man speak, without a script in front of him, he is almost incoherent.

If you're referring to De Niro, yeah the guy needs words written for him. If he was just being purposely obstreperous because of disliking interviews (like Dylan, but who will cooperate in certain interviews and say interesting stuff), I would cut him some slack. I have a friend who saw him in San Francisco while speaking to some associates in a hotel lobby; he apparently sounds like an illiterate asshole.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was interesting, not fascinating, and they all were hard to follow. But they are mid 70's or older. Duvall is 86. And who knows what they had imbibed. Pacino and his hair and headband is just weird.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post