SIGforum
peppermint w/ Jennifer Garner

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/7190051644

September 04, 2018, 08:01 PM
armored
peppermint w/ Jennifer Garner
From top to bottom from left to right its ALL CRAP as are the people in the business.
I have better things to do even ifs its doing NOTHING!
September 04, 2018, 08:38 PM
snipes
Loved her back in the day in Alias. I'm hoping there is some carryover in Peppermint. I won't be there on opening weekend, but if the reviews are favorable I may go see it at a matinee. I'm a sucker for hot chicks kicking ass and shooting people. Call me crazy.

September 04, 2018, 09:14 PM
Prefontaine
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
And that's another thing- no longer do I use the Academy Awards nominations as a guide to what films I should see. All nominations from the Academy now have a deep political bias. It's been that way, well, for about the last 15 years. The Academy has always had bias to some degree, but I don't think they're even trying to conceal it these days and I just don't want to hear their shit.

Respectfully....most “Oscar” stuff I see is worth seeing. I think the Academy, like many, have their heads up their asses. But we get into December, January, and the good solid independent films flow. No superheroes, no Star Wars, just solid film making. And every now and then Clint throws a big wrench in there.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone
September 05, 2018, 02:23 PM
Sigmund
Gee, wasn't Jennifer Garner in that video exposing all the Hollywood hypocrites who preach against guns while slaughtering people in their movies?

Yep, here she is at 1:53:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvbTvX3BrTo
September 05, 2018, 06:36 PM
bendable
very good point here, thanks

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
September 12, 2018, 03:14 AM
LastCubScout
That was okay. I may have liked this slightly better than Eli Roth's/Bruce Willis's Death Wish. The story is painted in pretty broad strokes. A lot of the action is played pretty safe. It made me miss the days of '80s Golan/Globus films. Now those guys could produce some cheap schlocky violently exploitive popcorn films! Jennifer Garner definitely fared better in her role in Peter Berg's The Kingdom. I loved her fight scene in that one.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: LastCubScout,
September 12, 2018, 04:31 AM
Rey HRH
It was good entertainment for me. She wasn't buffed out like Linda in Terminator 2 but you can tell she got in excellent shape.

Not much storyline. Not much believable stuff on how she got to how she was in 5 years time. Not much believable stuff on the set up for Peppermint 2. Not much believable stuff how a whole homeless neighborhood would respect her enough she can leave a van with guns unlocked and nobody messes with it.

But then again, Remo Williams was my favorite novel series.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.
September 12, 2018, 09:59 AM
lyman
quote:
Originally posted by nero:
Will catch by accident while surfing premium cable channels.

nero

this is my strategy as well

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

September 12, 2018, 07:01 PM
mcrimm
How many times has this same plot been played out? I have no desire to see ‘Death Wish #84’.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham
September 14, 2018, 10:25 PM
hambony
I happen to be fortunate enough to have a LEO friend who has a second job working security at a theater so on Mondays, one of my days off as well, when he wants to see a movie I am always available. He can watch movies off duty as long as it is off time or been released a week, and can bring a friend as well. Needless to say we both count ourselves lucky for the duds we have seen without having to pay for it.

Houston Texas, if the heat don't kill ya, the skeeters will.
September 19, 2018, 01:10 PM
satch
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
Gee, wasn't Jennifer Garner in that video exposing all the Hollywood hypocrites who preach against guns while slaughtering people in their movies?

Yep, here she is at 1:53:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvbTvX3BrTo

Big paychecks make Hypocrites of Hollywood no matter what their beliefs are.
September 19, 2018, 01:52 PM
corsair
I've never liked Garner. Her 'breakthrough' Alias character was barely tolerable, this Peppermint balony is horrendous a redux. She's not a lead. She's better suited to be a supporting actress, find a niche and stick with it. Call up Parker Posey or, Jennifer Coolidge for some tips.
December 29, 2018, 11:19 AM
BMR
It was entertaining enough in the sense that I got to see Jennifer Garner kill throngs of scumbag Mexican thugs, which was somewhat cathartic in light of the murder of Corporal Singh a few days ago.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz
December 29, 2018, 12:05 PM
bendable
https://www.boxofficemojo.com/...s/?id=peppermint.htm

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
January 01, 2019, 09:23 AM
fallenangelhim
It was okay. Thought I would like it but it feels super rushed and choppy. Male or female.
January 04, 2019, 09:22 AM
SCfromNY
I will be the voice of disagreement. I thought it was a good movie for one of it's kind. I always liked Alias ands Garner. Better than Bruce Willis's take on Death Wish and I love Bruce. They actually tried to show how she got her training. Now sure a lot of these movies are silly but Reeves went through professional gun training for the John Wick role so he should get credit. Please keep in mind these are "Check your brain at the door and enjoy."

Did anyone think "Shoot Em Up" rated the star power it had? Were they going for an Oscar?

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________